HpH 1/32 Heinkel He177

Archimedes

I’ve had a heads-up that HpH have started development of a 1/32 He177.  It is in the HpH not Infinity range so resin. Who knew that we would get a LSP of the Griffin!? This will be an interesting challenge for HpH as I don’t believe there is still one in existence so they’ll be creating this one from drawings and photos if it does come to fruition.

Best regards,

Paul

One of the meanest looking aircraft of WW2 - I would certainly consider getting one.

A couple of years ago on this forum I made a top 5 list of aircraft I would love to see in 1/32

The Saab Draken, SR-71 and the He177 were on that list - that is 3 out of 5. Not a bad couple of years ^_^

/Niels

2 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

Much larger. Should be closer to Lanc size. Should be about 2x3ft

Matt 

• Length: 22.00 m (72 ft 2 in)
  • Wingspan: 31.44 m (103 ft 2 in)
  • Height: 6.67 m (21 ft 11 in)

So in 1/32: 68,75cm Long - 98,25cm Wide and 20,8 cm tall - Pretty big aircraft and certainly close to the size of a Lancaster

/Niels

1 hour ago, rigor said:

Combat has one in vac but not sureif we will any of them again 

They do and it strikes me that vac may be better from the perspective of sheer weight of the model.  I can only imagine what a resin Greif will weigh! 

It won’t be one I will buy as the design leaves me cold.  I am waiting for some poor soul who bought the HpH DC3 to decide they don’t want to build it and to put it up for a better price than HpH are asking. :coolio:

As for the Greif: I am really glad that it toots the horns of some here.  I admire the Roy Cross painting for the Airfix kit box top but the aircraft itself doesn’t do a lot for me as it was simply asked to do too much and, as a result did not appear to do anything particularly well.

HjWGAz.jpg

3 hours ago, Archimedes said:

They do and it strikes me that vac may be better from the perspective of sheer weight of the model.  I can only imagine what a resin Greif will weigh! 

It won’t be one I will buy as the design leaves me cold.  I am waiting for some poor soul who bought the HpH DC3 to decide they don’t want to build it and to put it up for a better price than HpH are asking. :coolio:

As for the Greif: I am really glad that it toots the horns of some here.  I admire the Roy Cross painting for the Airfix kit box top but the aircraft itself doesn’t do a lot for me as it was simply asked to do too much and, as a result did not appear to do anything particularly well.

HjWGAz.jpg

Wasn’t the fuhrer heard to say (he was peeved with the delayed development results) something like the Greif is a flying panther and the panther is a crawling Greif?

that box art looks like those should be B-52’s lifting off

Edited by chrish

7 hours ago, Archimedes said:

If HpH will follow their tradition with these large scale models it will be a mix of fibre glass and resin. They are heavy but not super heavy. An Injection Molded 1/32 Lancaster is also quite a heavy model I can tell you 

/Niels