Red Pills Models F-4B

Avenger2614

On 11/24/2022 at 4:06 AM, MikeMaben said:

Hyperscale post from a guy who used to hang here , last name Heilig (can't remember his first name)

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/1-32-f-4b-t-e-s-t-s-h-o-t-p-h-o-t-o-s-t534516.html

never heard of him.

P

6 hours ago, RNoAF said:

When is it due for release?

The kit is still in development. So, it is fully premature to consider a release date. Hopefully, somewhere next year. As a comparison, the full test shot of the Fouga Magister is waiting for commercial release for four years! So, wait and see ...

Since there are some questions about the construction and molding, I'm comfortable with RP taking their time to get it all right. It's not like I have nothing to do.... :rolleyes: :innocent: :whistle:

Edited by Bill Cross

It's starting to look very very nice.

If I only get to buy an F-4B before snuffing out I'll die happy.

Equally great, we should get some new seriously researched super accurate decals as a spin-off from this range, though I'd settle for reprints of Eli's two F-4J decal sets.

I'm also wondering if any of the parts might be used on the old Tamiya kits, to give them an uplift. They could sure use it if some of the sprues are sold separately as spares.

Tony 

On 5/23/2023 at 5:01 PM, Bill Cross said:

Wow. Just wow. So glad I sold my GT Resin conversion and Tamiya base kit last year. A Navy Double Ugly B would be phantastic.

GT set was bad.?

5 hours ago, Tony T said:

Equally great, we should get some new seriously researched super accurate decals as a spin-off from this range, though I'd settle for reprints of Eli's two F-4J decal sets.

Sundowners!!

2 hours ago, iaf-man said:

GT set was bad.?

No, but it required MAJOR surgery on the wings with a hand-drawn, Xeroxed template (at least the version I had). It's a fine set, but life is too short to **** with conversions. There are enough great kits right OOB (plus my usual $100-$200 in upgrades :blink:).

On 5/25/2023 at 12:59 AM, Bill Cross said:

Sundowners!!

No, but it required MAJOR surgery on the wings with a hand-drawn, Xeroxed template (at least the version I had). It's a fine set, but life is too short to **** with conversions. There are enough great kits right OOB (plus my usual $100-$200 in upgrades :blink:).

I have the Sundowners F-4B sheet and was selfishly wishing for the F-4J ones Eli did which I let slip by. Wanting to do VF-74 on America, 1972.

Early days yet, but I'd be surprised if VF-111 Sundowners wasn't featured on the set Red Pills Models eventually do. 

I have the Cutting Edge F-4B conversion but expect it'll be surplus when this new model emerges. I couldn't bring myself to butchering a perfectly good F-4J, mostly grinding back the lower wing wheel well bulges. 

Tony 

I have a Tamiya F-4J (with lots of aftermarket) in the to do pile and I fear that that may be it for Phantoms for me as I reckon this kit will be North of AUD$300 which is beyond my present budget. It's a shame as there are lots of nice schemes for F-4B Phantoms. Still it will save shelf space for the other multitude of kits I think I'm going to build.

TRF

39 minutes ago, scimitarf1 said:

I can’t get the link to work for me unfortunately. Any ideas of an email address?

Keen that they get this right and have done 3-D scans that should help!

The guy's name is Zafer Danisman

https://www.facebook.com/zafer.danisman.9/?show_switched_toast=0&show_invite_to_follow=0&show_switched_tooltip=0&show_podcast_settings=0&show_community_review_changes=0&show_community_rollback=0&show_follower_visibility_disclosure=0