Tamiya 1/48 F-35A

Uncarina

Im curious if Tamiya reboxed the italeri F-35B for their local market should we assume they wont make their own?

Did anyone see a comparative between the Tamiya and Italeri kit? Tamiya is most likely better but i wonder

Edited by Neo

6 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Mine just shipped from Squadron. I haven’t ordered from them since I was probably 13 or 14 years old-

P

Ohhh that brought back some memories!

mine shipped as well the other day. Unfortunately the pattern is full right now :wacko: it’ll be summer before I can start…

Mine showed up yesterday from HobbyNut Models. Spent my lunch going over it. Great stuff including a couple full color sheets, that look full size to the model even, showing stencils and decalling. I find myself into JASDF lately and they have a 302 squadron in the mix. Hmmmm, wonder what creative paint job i can dream up for it!

Mine arrived today, but I’m torturing myself until Christmas before I open it. I always wrap a gift as, To Dad, From Dad. It’ll make Christmas all the better not opening it until then.

But this could have been any number of kits this year that just arrived, Meng F-4G, 1/24 Airfix Spit, Airfix Buccaneer, Airfix Anson, or the Kotare Spitfire (if that one ships).

Glad the 1/48 HK B-25J is delayed until Jan 2023. It’s been an expensive end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

I do as well, especially in 1/48. I’ve had some good results, especially with the Minibase SU-33 (build thread in the Non-LSP section). Of course, much depends on the quality of decals and the decal solvent.

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina