1:32 Cutlass

Dandiego

1 minute ago, Dandiego said:

Yep everyone has a different favorite.  There have been a few choices that have risen to the top. 

I will let the thread run a few more days and do a recap for everyone. 

Dan

Just know that a 1/32 Cranberry is gonna use a LOT of material and print time...

11 minutes ago, Lee White said:

Just know that a 1/32 Cranberry is gonna use a LOT of material and print time...

Shapes are pretty straightforward.  Canopy doesn't look that hard...........................................

But, no decisions as of yet.

Dan

Here is where I am at today.

I have sanded and puttied the aircraft several times and have applied an overall coat of grey primer.

Port side slat recesses and ailerons are in place. All is going well. 

I am now making a comprehensive list of all changes/improvements that need to be made before the final print.

eqp6pnY.jpg?1

hSY44TQ.jpg?1

Merry Christmas to everyone. Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Small progress. 

I have created a solid canopy blank to use while vacforming a canopy. Haven't done a ton of vacforming and hope that I can produce a crisp, clear canopy.

The windscreen is from another kit. It looks ok but I hope to create a blank for this area as well.

Z92Nw0n.jpg?1

Dan

Hi Dan,

Experience of others showed using a 3d printed part as a vacform master is not a good solution because the heat damages the master heat sensitive plastic. You should rather use your part as an initial master to create a resin or plaster copy that will withstand the heat without problem.

BR 

Thierry 

• 3 weeks later...

Back at the Cutlass. I have designed and printed some intake interiors. 

Here you can see the interiors glued to the nose section. Kinda looks like something out of Star Wars.

OtDP6aZ.jpg

p2fuXJw.jpg?1

Cockpit tub is next.

The first print prototype has gone as far as it is going to go. This is version 2 with numerous tweeks and corrections.

Dan