1:32 Cutlass

Dandiego

Here is todays work.  Outer wing panels.

What did I do? What are you seeing?

I had trouble designing the slat wells onto the wing so I made them separately. And I also have the slats themselves. I still have work to do on the slats and wells as I need to have the correct angles applied so that they will fit. Sometimes it seems like the long way to go but....it was the easiest way to get what I needed.

rU5wAEq.jpg

Anyway enough for today. Tomorrow I will tackle the flaps.

Dan

Hey everyone, I just saw in a local newsfeed here in San Diego that the USS Midway took delivery of a F7U-3. One of only 7 in existence.  Looks like a trip to the Midway is in my future. 

Seems to have been delivered in a bare metal state from North Island. I am assuming that the Midway will give it an appropriate paint job.

Dan

10 hours ago, Dandiego said:

Upon further research it seems that the Cutlass will be in a natural metal finish with squadron markings as it was when they served on the Midway.

Dan

Did they have NMF -1's? I thought they were all dark sea blue, and the NMF birds were the -3's that came later.

Lee I am designing and building a F7u-1.  They were never in squadron service. The dash 1's were all in dark sea blue. 

The uglier dash 3's did make it to squadron service and were seen in bmf or grey/ white. The Midway bird is a dash 3 and will be displayed as a bmf bird the actually served on the Midway. 

Dan

First print of the nose area. Quite promising but not without issues. This is sanded with 100 grit, puttied, sanded again with a coat of primer. For some reason the lower cannon ports did not print, Hmm, not sure why.

dcXwMzT.jpg?1

8tMm5Cx.jpg?1

Tomorrow I will print the main fuselage section with wing roots. The nose section is about 6 inches long.

Dan

Edited by Dandiego

First print of the central fuselage with the wing roots.  Coolness.

Fuselage is now 11 and a half inches long. Should max out max out at 14 inches.

YEMsD0L.jpg

EImOUs5.jpg?1

Pay no attention to the Tiger in the backround.................

Dan

Edited by Dandiego