Close up wing fold images Seafire 47

Hi, I wonder if anyone has any close-up views of the wing fold on a Seafire 47? for checking purposes, mainly looking into the end of the wings, this type of wing fold is exclusive to the MK47, no other Seafire mark is of any use.

Thanks in advance.

Graham

Hi Graham, there is a photo on fineartamerica showing the details on the wing fold of the restored fr. 47: https://fineartamerica.com/featured/supermarine-mk47-seafire-jay-miller.html. I hope it is of any use. It appears to be operational, there is a video on Youtube showing the wings of the aircraft being folded hydraulically. 

Best regards, 

Hans 

Edited by Hans

1 hour ago, Hans said:

Hi Graham, there is a photo on fineartamerica showing the details on the wing fold of the restored fr. 47: https://fineartamerica.com/featured/supermarine-mk47-seafire-jay-miller.html. I hope it is of any use. It appears to be operational, there is a video on Youtube showing the wings of the aircraft being folded hydraulically. 

Best regards, 

Hans 

Strange as I'm clearly remembering pictures of the pit without the wing folding  controls!:blink: Can you give the link?

9 minutes ago, Trak-Tor said:

youtube.com - SeaFire Wing Folding

stonehengeairmuseum.org/seafire - 1947 VICKERS/SUPERMARINE FR MK 47 “SEAFIRE”

9319-SEAFIRE.jpg

Contacting the museum would be my first step in getting some good pictures and other details.

Juraj

Thanks very much! So it looks the airframe got back that mechanism. Interesting as initially they removed many systems out of the airframe and the plane was noticeably lightened. The FR47 cockpit was VERY cluttered but that airframe pit was finally similar to an initial Seafire one! She must be a real hot rod in the skies! I hope Graham will be luckier than me as years ago I tried to contact them for my Seafire kit. Alas, I never got a reply.

2 hours ago, Hans said:

Best regards, 

Hans 

Thanks Hans, that image is very useful.

Regards

Graham

39 minutes ago, Trak-Tor said:

youtube.com - SeaFire Wing Folding

stonehengeairmuseum.org/seafire - 1947 VICKERS/SUPERMARINE FR MK 47 “SEAFIRE”

9319-SEAFIRE.jpg

Contacting the museum would be my first step in getting some good pictures and other details.

Juraj

Thanks Juraj, Had a look at the video before! Very noisy isn't it!

Regards Graham

21 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

The area for which most information are lacking is the gear wells. I worked from pictures of the Mk.XVII and F24 to get a probable replica as I never found good pictures and most models show that many details are missing in that area, even Jumpei Temma's masterpiece.

Thanks Thierry, that's one area that I have some good shots, also most drawings that are wrong is the bulge above which is larger., they have it the same as the Spitfire 22/24 [ smaller ]

38 minutes ago, GrahamF said:

Thanks Thierry, that's one area that I have some good shots, also most drawings that are wrong is the bulge above which is larger., they have it the same as the Spitfire 22/24 [ smaller ]

Hi Graham,

No, there is a major size difference.

This is a Mk22/24 one: 6jceMAd.jpg

And now look at the two following pictures. you will see the bulge is FAR larger: H4JGBMU.jpg

ig7EKmH.jpg

Hth

Thierry