Hasegawa 1/32 Fw 190D-9 Late Model Brown 4

Thunnus

On 11/21/2022 at 10:05 PM, MikeC said:

My favourite 190 variant, and very well done.  :goodjob:

Mine Too! I have a THING for Kurt Tank's long nose version of the 190!

JTK-0202-zpsbi7p1tm6.jpg

JTK-0032.jpg

JTK-3146.jpg

JTK-0844.jpg

JTK-9500.jpg

JTK-4096.jpg

On 11/22/2022 at 5:13 AM, tucohoward said:

John, I always love seeing your work. Super inspirational.

Jay

Thanks Jay!  I appreciate it!

On 11/27/2022 at 2:13 AM, Warbird said:

Hi John,

Outstanding result in every aspects! Paint work is brilliant.  If I dare a suggestion: You obviously put a lot of efforts to break paint uniformity - I think the riveting could be made less uniform, with areas such as behind the exhausts, wing roots and belly more apparent than others such as wing outer portions or horizontal stabilisers. This can be easily done with selective application of washes.

Tristan

Thanks Tristan!  Always looking for ways to improve my weathering.  Can you point to any examples of this?

On 11/27/2022 at 6:25 AM, chuck540z3 said:

Just beautiful John!  Perfectly executed assembly, painting, fine details and weathering- it has it all, just like all your other builds.  Bravo!

Cheers,

Chuck

Thank you Chuck!  Always appreciate comments from you!

On 11/27/2022 at 8:03 AM, MARU5137 said:

John,

I enjoyed your build very much. 

:popcorn:

Your model  is just AMAZING  to look at and is simply GORGEOUS.It really exudes great masterful build by a skilful modeller.

:wow: :clap2:

KUDOS .

:bow::bow:

Thank you Maru!  I always wanted to add Brown 4 to my list of completed Doras!

On 11/27/2022 at 8:12 AM, ringleheim said:

Gorgeous FW-190!

Always liked this particular aircraft and your model does it justice!

Thank you so much!  My favorite aircraft!

Edited by Thunnus

On 11/30/2022 at 12:39 PM, mc65 said:

Aaaaaah!! :wub::wub::wub:

would you please give us (me) the links, if any, for the wip of these beauties??

TIA, and sincere and unconditioned kudos, Paolo

Thank you Paolo!  Not all of these builds were documented here at LSP but here are the available links to my past Dora builds including the Ta-152 H-0.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 7:51 PM, scvrobeson said:

Looking forward to the P-47,

Were I a dog, my ears would perk up.  Meknows a thing or two about P-47's, and it is my second favorite aircraft.  

As for the FW-190, just modelling perfection John.  It is just flawless.  And anyone who followed the build knows that boo-boo's were made, and fixed.  All the more amazing.  Congratulations on a super build.

Curious - you show no fewer than six Dora builds, all of them seem just as awesome as your last.  Do you believe your latest effort is the best, and if so why?  

Edited by JayW

On 12/15/2022 at 3:31 PM, Drunax said:

Stunning Dora. I am in love with your masterpiece..:bow:

Thank you very much!  I am in love with the Dora, I guess!

On 12/17/2022 at 6:20 AM, williamj said:

Beautiful work.:clap2:

Thank you William!

19 hours ago, JayW said:

Were I a dog, my ears would perk up.  Meknows a thing or two about P-47's, and it is my second favorite aircraft.  

As for the FW-190, just modelling perfection John.  It is just flawless.  And anyone who followed the build knows that boo-boo's were made, and fixed.  All the more amazing.  Congratulations on a super build.

Curious - you show no fewer than six Dora builds, all of them seem just as awesome as your last.  Do you believe your latest effort is the best, and if so why?  

Thank you Jay!  Hmmm... never really thought about ranking my builds but as the last one, Brown 4 DOES represent all of the stuff I've learned about Doras during my builds.  So it is the best in that regard.  But they are all different and represent different things to me.  I really liked how the Ta-152H turned out for example.  And Jerry Crandall's comments during the build of Yellow 10 make that one special to me.  Yellow 11 was my first large scale Dora as an adult (having built the old Revell D-9 kit as a child)... the mottling looks strange and the colors look off.  I tried to mix them using Tamiya paints and I don't think I was successful.

I still have one more Hasegawa Late Model D-9 kit in the stash and picked up another Ta152H-0 kit too so I may not be done with Doras.