Did we do Tamiya’s latest kit unveiling?

Dave Williams

On 11/19/2022 at 11:17 AM, Dave Williams said:

Guess the second secret Tamiya kit has finally been announced.  1/48 M8.

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2022/11/preview-new-m8-in-48th-from-tamiya.html#more

The Tamiya 1/32 LSP wishing will have be continued to next year at least.

The "wishing" can be continued forever.  That's the beauty of wishing!

But Tamiya is pretty clearly out of the 1/32 aircraft game.

I think it's best to assume they are done with it forever, until they shock us and demonstrate that they are not.

Some of us have been waiting since 1993 for their next 1/12 F1 car kit! 

LOL

A number of years ago I realized there ain't gonna be another F1 car...move on.

19 hours ago, ringleheim said:

The "wishing" can be continued forever.  That's the beauty of wishing!

But Tamiya is pretty clearly out of the 1/32 aircraft game.

I think it's best to assume they are done with it forever, until they shock us and demonstrate that they are not.

Some of us have been waiting since 1993 for their next 1/12 F1 car kit! 

LOL

A number of years ago I realized there ain't gonna be another F1 car...move on.

I tend to agree that Tamiya is out of the 1/12 f-1 car business.  They are releasing their older kits but have not yet released the Ferrari 641 or FW-14B, they did release the MP4/6 a number of years ago.  I don:t think this says anything regarding 1/32 though.  I figure they will do some more 1/32 eventually but it may be next year or 10 years.  But F-1 too much licensing and they just can:t get the car access anymore so would have to go for an older car if they did an all new 1/12 f-1.  Now if they did a all new 1/12 Lotus 49 I would probably hurt myself as I reached for my wallet.

Edited by cbk57

I have long since accepted that Tamiya are out of the LSP game and increasingly look to new firms like RPM (F-4B) and ICM, with the occasional meaty morsel tossed towards our gaping voracious canine mouths, such as Revell's Hurricane.

As I particularly love Cold War jets, 1/48 scale has become the key morale booster with offerings such as the Airfix Buccaneer, proposed DBMK Scimitar, FFRom Super Mystère, Academy A-10C, Meng F-4G Adv Wild Weasel, Special Hobby Mirage F.1 and so forth. All things I'd much prefer in 1/32 scale but...!

When Tamiya want to play again we'll draw a breath and exclaim "Really? Splendid!"

But for now, even I've bored with Tamiyaconjecture, which is a word that might be proposed to the OED.

Tony 

Edited by Tony T
typo

50 minutes ago, Tony T said:

I have long since accepted that Tamiya are out of the LSP game and increasingly look to new firms like RPM (F-4B) and ICM, with the occasional meaty morsel tossed towards our gaping voracious canine mouths, such as Revell's Hurricane.

As I particularly love Cold War jets, 1/48 scale has become the key morale booster with offerings such as the Airfix Buccaneer, proposed DBMK Scimitar, FFRom Super Mystère, Academy A-10C, Meng F-4G Adv Wild Weasel, Special Hobby Mirage F.1 and so forth. All things I'd much prefer in 1/32 scale but...!

When Tamiya want to play again we'll draw a breath and exclaim "Really? Splendid!"

But for now, even I've bored with Tamiyaconjecture, which is a word that might be proposed to the OED.

Tony 

I am as guilty as anyone in Tamiya speculation but it is just not relevant as there are plenty of new 1/32 releases, I have been building the Great Wall 1/32 Hawk, we have the new Kotare kit coming and we are seeing signs of a new high quality f-4 phantom family and that is just three examples, we will be fine if Tamiya never does another 1/32.  Now I believe they will but it is a matter of when.