HK A20 Sprue shots

Phartycr0c

• LSP_K2 changed the title to HK A20 Sprue shots
44 minutes ago, Smokeyforgothispassword said:

Interesting!!! That’s a turreted A-20G … at the top there … I was under the impression that the RAAF didn’t get any turreted versions. I wonder if there is any collaborative evidence out there??

Rog :)

2 hours ago, DrDave said:

And dont shoot the messenger…. The distributor on the stand said upwards of £200 quid. Why would they charge less than the Mitchell for a newer more complex kit?

The solution of course, is to wait and watch and buy when they get more realistic, at £170 on eBay.

No-one is shooting anyone … here …

The distributor may very well be shooting themselves - in the foot, with overcooked pricing though!

4 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Interesting!!! That’s a turreted A-20G … at the top there … I was under the impression that the RAAF didn’t get any turreted versions. I wonder if there is any collaborative evidence out there??

The RAAF had A's and C's initially ( shown with slim rear gunners cover/hatch and clear front nose and small front wheel )  and last small batch were G's x 20 aircraft  ( A28-50>70) but the G's didn't have inspiring nose arts at all as the earlier versions did.. but I'm hanging out for the A-C version for obvious reasons ( NOSE-ART)

These earlier marks was shown as a resin clear nose in some convention photos ( maybe a A-C prototype) for later release versions...

Pip

Edited by Piprm
added wording

Overall, it looks pretty darned good.   My only reservation is the "oil-canning" texture on the upper wing surfaces.   From that one shot, it just looks to be way overdone.   I'll reserve judgement until more pictures are out.  

13 hours ago, Piprm said:

These earlier marks was shown as a resin clear nose in some convention photos ( maybe a A-C prototype) for later release versions...

Unfortunately, that clear resin nose you saw was for the J/K series, rather than a B/C series.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

20 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

Unfortunately, that clear resin nose you saw was for the J/K series, rather than a B/C series.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

I can confirm the next release is in fact the K version. BUT, never say never. although to produce the earlier versions the fuselage halves would require re tooling. 

4 hours ago, John1 said:

Overall, it looks pretty darned good.   My only reservation is the "oil-canning" texture on the upper wing surfaces.   From that one shot, it just looks to be way overdone.   I'll reserve judgement until more pictures are out.  

I agree with you ,does look a little heavy . My guess it'll "tone down " some after a coat of primer and paint.