HK A20 Sprue shots

Phartycr0c

£170 would be a hard push for me but I would probably save to get it at that price after some internal wrangling about paying that much. £200 or over is a no for me unfortunately - I just can't afford that kind of money on what is a box of plastic for a hobby.  That's 5 kits at £40 which would last me probably 3-4 months of hobby time.  I suspect I wont be the only one in this position moving forwards.

29 minutes ago, DrDave said:

So I’m thinking we will end up paying £200 ish when demand plateaus.

There is a sizeable difference between 260 and 200 GBP! ... 

People can discuss all they want about pre-release pricing ... but common sense must win out at the end of the day.

HK Lancaster's retail at about $450 AUD ... but even with discounts - north of $350 ... B-17's slightly less.

B-25's retail at about $280 - $350 depending on the retailer, boxing and any discounts involved.

Do335's ... at about $200 - $250 ...

Tamiya's DH Mosquito ... as awesome as that kit is - priced itself out of the market ... A smallish twin at $350 AUD?? 

I'd say they'll have to price this thing somewhere about Do-335 through to B-25 territory ... 200 GBP would have to be a ceiling height for pricing - especially in a depressed market place ... In Australia, anywhere above $300 AUD would probably drop demand significantly.

Rog :)

And dont shoot the messenger…. The distributor on the stand said upwards of £200 quid. Why would they charge less than the Mitchell for a newer more complex kit?

The solution of course, is to wait and watch and buy when they get more realistic, at £170 on eBay.