THE EYE OF THE STORM! Revell Hurricane

quang

Visited Scalemates looking for more information on the model:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-04968-hawker-hurricane-mk-iib--1395506

This is what modelers are greeted with in the way of a promotional image:

rh.jpg

No, it's not the browser, as I tried three (Firefox, Edge, IE).

It appears that the pic caused some degree of heartburn to more than just a few LSP members.

Hence, the camo-job! ;)

18 hours ago, mydesign said:

at our IPMS Nederland Euro Scale Modelling big event Revell showed their new 1/32 Hurricane kit.

A few pics I made.

revell-new-hurricane-mdv-1.JPG 

revell-new-hurricane-mdv-2.JPG 

revell-new-hurricane-mdv-3.JPG

It looked to be a nice kit.

Nice! Is it the photo or do the wings not look a bit ‘flat’ :P :piliot:

11 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Nice! Is it the photo or do the wings not look a bit ‘flat’ :P :piliot:

No, To me the wings are fine. I believe it's the photo that's distorting things. Hurricanes as a rule don't have a lot of dihedral compared to say a P-47 or P-40. So the camera angle and lens will give the impression that the wing is flat, looking at the model from dead ahead things look good[ at least to me]

While I certainly don't want to incur the wrath of my Brethren across the pond, this yank has always favored the hurricane over the spitfire [ cool plane especially the MK XIV]. To me the Hurri has that street brawler stance to it . I really fell for it after watching the movie , Battle Of Britain. To me it's never gotten the due it earned, even today [ the movie Dunkirk], there wasn't any Hurricanes ! from my studies it was the Hurricane that flew most of the top cover for the evacuation. true there were SOME spitfires but most of the heavy lifting was Hurricanes

2 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

While I certainly don't want to incur the wrath of my Brethren across the pond, this yank has always favored the hurricane over the spitfire [ cool plane especially the MK XIV]. To me the Hurri has that street brawler stance to it . I really fell for it after watching the movie , Battle Of Britain. To me it's never gotten the due it earned, even today [ the movie Dunkirk], there wasn't any Hurricanes ! from my studies it was the Hurricane that flew most of the top cover for the evacuation. true there were SOME spitfires but most of the heavy lifting was Hurricanes

Agreed, and the Hurricane lineage was absolutely upper crust too! 

mLitWr.png

ZH85k0.jpg

Edited by mozart

7 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Agreed! I still think that the Airfix 1/24 scale Hurricane still looks sexy after all of these years - the Hurricane certainly has an allure about it which is very different to that of the Spitfire.

Derek

This reminds me of the schoolground arguments we had in the early 90s..

"My Nintendo is better than your Sega"

"No, my Sega is better than your Nintendo.

I would say "I like both"

The Spitfire and Hurricane were different aircraft but the Battle of Britain in particular, was won as a combination of the two and each is equally attractive and effective in my book!