THE EYE OF THE STORM! Revell Hurricane

quang

40 minutes ago, Steve Eagle said:

Pardon me if this has already been mentioned, but what will be the cost be here in US? 

Can't say i've seen a price mentioned but as a ball park figure. I would take a look at Revell's Fw190s, Bf109 and Spitfires as a guesstimate.

Edited by AlanG

2 hours ago, AlanG said:

But as Radu has very kindly gone to lengths to show/explain. It wasn't an issue. It was a matter of perception. Maybe get the full facts before going full on with scathing comments?

That all aside. I'm in on a Hurricane

The test shot that Radu shows is correct, the model in the Revell promo material is wrong and clearly so. I'm now willing to ascribe that to a poorly constructed test shot versus problems with the parts themselves and I for one at glad to have been proven wrong by the additional image Radu provided.

Revell did themselves no favours by publishing images of a test model that looks as incorrect as this one did.

One thing is certain, we will not congratulate the team in charge of advertising at Revell. They managed to make a big mess in their communication!
They will be advised to study their subjects better and to take advice from the designers of the model to avoid such a fiasco in the future.

2 minutes ago, morane said:

One thing is certain, we will not congratulate the team in charge of advertising at Revell. They managed to make a big mess in their communication!
They will be advised to study their subjects better and to take advice from the designers of the model to avoid such a fiasco in the future.

It's garnered a lot of discussion, and as P.T. Barnum once said; There is no such thing as bad publicity, though Gerard Ratner proved him wrong.

17 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

The test shot that Radu shows is correct, the model in the Revell promo material is wrong and clearly so. I'm now willing to ascribe that to a poorly constructed test shot versus problems with the parts themselves and I for one at glad to have been proven wrong by the additional image Radu provided.

Revell did themselves no favours by publishing images of a test model that looks as incorrect as this one did.

The model shown by Revell is built correctly. Due to the breakdown of parts it is impossible to build the model with "zero dihedral". Even if there was some way to build it with "zero dihedral" by accident or incompetence, there would be gaps in all kinds of places. How can one make angles in parts disappear without repercussions?  As I explained already, what you see in the photos from Revell is an optical artifact caused by the camera angle. I have the model in hand now, I can replicate that "look" just by turning it in my hand. 

There is nothing wrong with the Revell model, it is all geometry and optics. 

Radu

1 hour ago, LSP_Ray said:

Sounds like the pro photog, who probably knows nothing about Hurricanes, picked a horrible angle to take his picture. I look forward to seeing the final product.

There is no "horrible angle". To me the Hurricane looks great from any angle. 

Radu 

Edited by Radub

What comes across to me is that everyone in this thread wants this release to be good. A mainstream early Hurricane has long been a gap in the range of offerings we have available. I think @Radub has done an excellent job of showing the kit does not have the issue raised (legitimately) as a concern. So thank you @Radub!  Although I personally want a metal wing Mk1 for my BoB group of aircraft, this MkIIb is likely to be a welcome addition to what is available for many.

I am very much looking forward to this release!

Kind regards,

Paul

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Those new images definitely help. It seems we should in fact wait for the final product in this case.

So glad to be wrong about the first pics!

I for one will wait it out to see a real build or 2 . I haven't seen the "new" images as of yet [ are they on facebook? ] if that's the case then that would explain it. i f Radu says it's good I'll tend to believe him,still want to wait though.