THE EYE OF THE STORM! Revell Hurricane

quang

Gosh! Always great to see a new Hurricane in 1/32 :) - especially from such a major brand.  At first glance it looks a tad soft/chunky on some of the cockpit detail but I’m also wary commenting on what might be a very early test shot - always best to keep a positive and open mind until you see it in the flesh.:D

If these are shots of an actual model then it looks like the wheel well is moulded in clear plastic thus allowing a simple masking for the small observation ports in the base of the cockpit. This alone augers well for attention to detail for the modeller

Torben

12 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

Early December 

Thank you. I have one on back order at Hannants but those shots don’t reassure me about the quality of moulding especially. Could be I stick with my two PCM Hurricanes with all their construction challenges. 

To be honest I must admit that I have not previously noticed this 3% dihedral but only a general lack of dihedral as compares to most fighters.

In any case I have always had a soft spot for the Hurricane and will certainly purchase this kit. 

After all, I to date only own the antique Mk2C. This new mold will surely be a big improvement. 

Thank you Revell

first up I am pleased to see this - it beats the shortrunniness of the Fly and hard to find PCM - and it will no doubt come at a good price

the cockpit - 1/72 has put out an APB, since Revell clearly stole the detail and finesse from that scale! But tbh i'm not super concerned about that, laughable as it is

I will be more interested in whether the dihedral is build error - come on guys get someone who can f*cking build the thing and avoid all this hoo-ha - or whether they goofed; I think the former, given Radu had a hand in designing this I thought? Also on whether they have made the kit not a complete PITA to build.

But overall, Revell really don't help themselves

I'm always happy to see a new 1/32 release. That said, I'd expect to see consistency in the 1/32 range,IE: this Hurri done to the same standard as the P 51. Time will tell. I have an original  kit and a PCM kit, so along with my Tiffie and Tempest, I have plenty of stormy weather.

well guys ive not posted in a while ( i have been lurking) as im not really building big scale anymore, but this has stirred my interest again

its always amazed me that no standard company have not done this before now, considering all the revell 1/32 releases over the recent 5 years, im shocked this has taken so long to come to fruition 

oh and ive pre ordered 3!!