What size Neodymium magnets for fuel tanks and bomb load on F-4J.

Hi John, Thanks for the reply. I did find some 5mm ones I had at home and they are super strong as you say. I have ordered some 2mm by 1mm from ebay and will use them to do the job. I will put up a wip this week sometime for all to see and hopefully it will workout. cheers Bob.

I’ve done the same as John. KJ Magnetics is a great company. The F/A-18 in my sig has all ordnance done this way. It did take 2 of those 1/16” magnets for the centerline tank. It almost floats in the air it’s so closely balanced. 
A key trick is to stack a couple magnets together and then apply each one. This keeps them from flipping as you glue them down. It also helps remind you which way to orient them when applying to the opposite surface ;-) if you are doing it separate vs assembly all at the same time.

I wrote up a description of the technique for the Cincinnati club. You can see it here

Edited by themongoose

On 11/30/2022 at 10:19 AM, themongoose said:

I’ve done the same as John. KJ Magnetics is a great company. The F/A-18 in my sig has all ordnance done this way. It did take 2 of those 1/16” magnets for the centerline tank. It almost floats in the air it’s so closely balanced. 
A key trick is to stack a couple magnets together and then apply each one. This keeps them from flipping as you glue them down. It also helps remind you which way to orient them when applying to the opposite surface ;-) if you are doing it separate vs assembly all at the same time.

I wrote up a description of the technique for the Cincinnati club. You can see it here

Hi , thank you exactly what I was looking for. Cheers Bob.