B-25J Mitchell "Ave Maria" 1/32

Tomas Duck

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys for all comment! 

I have finaly done construction of tail guns support frame. I was also thinking about construction of central holder for ammo belts boosters motors, but that would mean remaking original ammo belts (they have a wrong curvature) and because this part will be finally invisible I'll leave it at that. Of course, on the top of the frame will be mount new N-8 gun sight - I´m working on that :)

I wish everyone a merry Christmas!!!

52591441937_0f89afc553_w.jpg

52592187864_429b0ea262_w.jpg

52591441987_48e8acb23a.jpg

52592349825_f837849fb6.jpg

On 11/18/2022 at 5:53 PM, Tomas Duck said:

Thank you guys for all comments :bow:

Today will be a small step only, gunner seat and my interpretation of leather. It's not something extra, but maybe it will be enough. Now I´m working on re-charging system of guns, after this I can assemble turret together.

BR Tomas

PB185105

PB185106

Your interpretation of a worn leather surface is outstanding! What was your technique to establish that level of realism?

Kind regards,

Paul

On 12/29/2022 at 8:51 PM, Archimedes said:

Your interpretation of a worn leather surface is outstanding! What was your technique to establish that level of realism?

Kind regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

it´s rellativelly simple. I use red brown as basis for all leather surface.  On this layer I make scratches with sponge soaked in lighter brown -how much it´s depend how much volume of wear and tear you need. You can also use fine brush for making lines etc. After this I spreyed surface  with gloss varnish. It can be a finish but I use on this layer also oils (Burt siena, yellow deep, yellow orcher - that´s about you) for better surface modulation. If it´s wrong for you, you can use thinner and start again, basis colours still stay on place...;)
I hope it helped :)

BR Tomas

25 minutes ago, Tomas Duck said:

Hi Paul,

it´s rellativelly simple. I use red brown as basis for all leather surface.  On this layer I make scratches with sponge soaked in lighter brown -how much it´s depend how much volume of wear and tear you need. You can also use fine brush for making lines etc. After this I spreyed surface  with gloss varnish. It can be a finish but I use on this layer also oils (Burt siena, yellow deep, yellow orcher - that´s about you) for better surface modulation. If it´s wrong for you, you can use thinner and start again, basis colours still stay on place...;)
I hope it helped :)

BR Tomas

Thank you Thomas - I am always interested in techniques so thank you for sharing this. It works very well -great result!

Kind regards,

Paul