B-25J Mitchell "Ave Maria" 1/32

Tomas Duck

On 11/17/2022 at 5:20 AM, spyrosjzmichos said:

Fantastic start Thomas!

I have the same model in my stash and plan to work on it in the near future so will definitely be following your build closely!

The seats are from Eduard? They look lovely!

Hi Spyrosjzmichos, the seats are origin from kit, only sides plates are Eduard. I have also Eduard "Correct pilot seats" set, but I was a problem with construction of co-pilot seat. Not a problem with PE parts, only problem with my hands:D  So I have to use seats from kit even if it's not right. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the future construction!

BR Tomas

On 11/17/2022 at 2:20 PM, mc65 said:

wow, the parts shown are incredibily realistic, congratulations! :bow:

I don't understand why practicing on a big B25 and then making a P51 with the experience gained, but you are the boss!

if I may, the shoulder straps on the seat have an unnatural trend compared to the buckles: so pulling the small strips to tighten them, they would actually loosen, I guess... :hmmm:

Hi mc65, I spent a lot of time with construction of beauty Tamiya P-51 and I was not sure that my painting of NMF will be good. On this big bird I will have more space for practising, I hope . About shoulders strap, there is a probably mistake, because according to what i found out B-25 used only lower straps during WWII. And I dont know what will happened If I try to remove it. Maybe it´s better leave them there.

Hi ;)

So i finally place top of the turret with guns on the pilon. It was little complicated with correct position of both barrels compare to fuselage and between each other, but finally looks good. On last pic are cones for ammunition belts which are placed on top of the both guns. 

PB215111

PB215110

PB215109

PB215112

On 11/19/2022 at 3:05 AM, Tomas Duck said:

Hi Spyrosjzmichos, the seats are origin from kit, only sides plates are Eduard. I have also Eduard "Correct pilot seats" set, but I was a problem with construction of co-pilot seat. Not a problem with PE parts, only problem with my hands:D  So I have to use seats from kit even if it's not right. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the future construction!

BR Tomas

Thank you Tomas!

You have done a really lovely job! :bow:

• 2 weeks later...