Well, the Andy’s Hobby HQ WNW preorder went as expected

Dave Williams

Supposed to start at 6pm EST, refreshed constantly, and as soon as the kit I wanted popped up, put it in the cart, but sold out before I could check out.  Many of the kits sold out in less than a minute.  I suspect the Sprue Brothers ordering will go the same.  Probably have less than a minute or two once the links are active.

Whooah! I feel like I just went through 12 rounds of boxing. I got 4 of what I wanted, but had to eject some more as the $ really added up. Good thing some were sold out before I could come back & order again. Man that add up quick. Put in for notifications guys, there's a chance you will still get what you want.   Cheers,   Ruben.

45 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

I hope Sprue Brothers is different. They will send out email notifications which I hope are first signed up first to hear back.  We shall see 

I’m sure all of the stock email notifications will go out to everyone at the same time.  There’s no practical way to sort and delay them by who signed up first.  It’s going to be a case of whoever sees the email first.  

• LSP_K2 changed the title to Well, the Andy’s Hobby HQ WNW preorder went as expected
2 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Did I blink and miss it?

Edit: ok just caught up

went in tried to pre order Taube and Rumpler - but found out at check out only US customers- no overseas option- doh!

No matter even if Stateside, went so quickly - just like last time at Andy's. By the time you place in cart, then go to pay...gone! :o

9 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Many of the kits sold out in less than a minute.  

I am not computer savvy, however, I know manual online selection and payment processes are slower than that.

I suspect that ultra quick purchases are computer assisted. I don't know how to link product selection with automatic payment, but maybe that is necessary to secure what you want.

Does anybody have experience of fast automated payment in a context like this?

6 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Did I blink and miss it?

Edit: ok just caught up

went in tried to pre order Taube and Rumpler - but found out at check out only US customers- no overseas option- doh!

He mentioned on his Youtube channel that some of the kits will become available on the European store as well but at a later date. 

Gentlemen,

For those of you in the UK and Ireland [it's getting too damn exspenive to ship elsewhere I'm afraid], you might be interested to discover that I managed to get hold of a reasonable stash of WNW kits before they went under [pure fluke as I had no idea it was going to occur].

Below is what I currently have left of that stock. P & P would be on top unless you are ameanable to me dropping them off in person on one of my regular Essex to North Cumbria and back again trips....the joys of working in the NHS! [trust me I don't bite, honest...as some on this site, including some of the moderators, can well attest].

WNW32901 - Albatros D.V "Jasta 18" £95.00

WNW32903 - Albatros D.V "Wooden Wonders" £95.00

WNW32904 - Albatros D.V "Camoflaged" £95.00

WNW32905 - Albatros D.V "Flying Circus" £95.00

WNW32907 - Albatros D.Va "Black Beauties" £95.00

WNW32040 - DFW C.V Mid Production £125.00

WNW32062 - Halberstadt CI.II Late Version £95.00

WNW32049 - Halberstadt CI.II Early Version £125.00

WNW32079 - Hannover CI.II Early Version £125.00

WNW32605 - Fokker D.VIIF 'Herman Goring' £100.00

I also have the following available as well:

Kitty Hawk KH32020 - Dassault Mirage 2000C x 2 £95.00 [each]

Kitty Hawk KH32022 - Dassault Mirage 2000D/N £95.00

Anyone interested just drop me a line on here and I'll get back to you asap. 

Warm regards,

Gary.