1/32 "Easy Click" Bf 109 G-6 announced by Revell for March release

RBrown

14 minutes ago, Tissue and Dope said:

It’s a good way to get youngsters interested.

My 10 year old grandson is really into Technic Lego ( which involves no painting) and I shall be getting him this kit in order to hopefully steer him towards this kind of subject ( someone appreciative has to inherit my stash ;-).

Yes but not for that price as the 'normal' kit is 40% less expensive...

1 hour ago, Gazzas said:

Interesting...   I wonder if they fixed the front cowl and the bulges.

Simply:   NO

The airframe "parts" are divided along the color/camo demarcation lines. The elements (more exact than the term "parts") are made of PS and they are colored (not painted!) in the standard factory colors.

This kit is an attempt by Revell to steer young (and elder) people into that sphere that we call our hobby.

2 hours ago, Tissue and Dope said:

It’s a good way to get youngsters interested.

My 10 year old grandson is really into Technic Lego ( which involves no painting) and I shall be getting him this kit in order to hopefully steer him towards this kind of subject ( someone appreciative has to inherit my stash ;-).

I've done a few Hobbyboss 1/72 kits with my kids (now 10 and 7,5) who have a rather limited attention span and we had a good time building those. I didn't force anything, just put the models in view (can't build them in one go due to said attention span) and after a while one of my kids would ask when we we'd finish the model.

Have fun!

Why not? Matchbox did it decades ago (may I say: in the last century? :lol: ). Gundams (human-shaped large fighting machines from Japan) are made and sold the same way, and the higher rated ranges build into excellent models right out of the box and without any painting, except for some stickers or decals here and there.

Good luck to Revell! :hi:

Everything large scale that sells well creates revenue to design more and other large scale kits. We are still waiting for some more Ju-88 variants from Revell, and other stuff, aren't we?

Regards

- dutik

On 11/12/2022 at 10:23 PM, Andreas Beck said:

The airframe "parts" are divided along the color/camo demarcation lines. The elements (more exact than the term "parts") are made of PS and they are colored (not painted!) in the standard factory colors.

This kit is an attempt by Revell to steer young (and elder) people into that sphere that we call our hobby.

I think it's a great idea but perhaps a bit expensive for a childs pocket money treat?

On 11/12/2022 at 4:23 PM, Andreas Beck said:

Can we take this to mean you've seen this? Any pics?