3D-Printed Mondoshawan (Fifth Element)

LSP_Kevin

"Self... not important. Only time.... important". (That's as well as I can remember the line just before his (?) hand is crushed in the doors).

Your figure looks amazing. I can well believe he took you several months to complete. 

I always wondered.... just how strong was the gravity on his home planet? Walking around on Earth must have felt like a holiday by comparison.

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Chris.    

16 minutes ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

"Self... not important. Only time.... important". (That's as well as I can remember the line just before his (?) hand is crushed in the doors).

Close! It's actually, "Time not important. Only life important."

Kev

11 minutes ago, Trak-Tor said:

Wow!!!

Where did you get the model for printing it?

I wanted to buy it in Telford, but it was sold out before I did...

52494717439_0e943c6264_b.jpg

Made by cozmicscalemodels.com.

Great job!

Juraj

I got it from Thingiverse:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2962875

I'm wondering if these guys are using the same 3D model (sure looks like it), as I'm pretty sure using it for commercial purposes is in breach of the license.

Kev

They offer it in two scales:

cozmicscalemodels.com/product-page/mondoshawan-6-resin-figure

And they say it's ok to sell the physical product:

Comes as a four piece unpainted - 6" (155mm) tall hollow resin figure .

Available in two sizes 1/16th and 1/8th scale.  Choose from the drop down menu.

Figure shown with custom made base which will be available soon.

Produced under a royalty free license for physical products only not to re-sell 3D files.

Actually, I don't think it's too unfair.
If I wanted the model (which I want), I'd need to download it and have it printed by some company I'd need to find.
They are just saying: "We'll print it for you."
Maybe I could find a better price, but with 6" tall figure printed in resin, their price won't be that much off, I guess.

But probably having a link/mention of the original model and its author there would be fine.

OK. Now I'll go and find someone to print it.

Juraj

Edited by Trak-Tor

Thank you Juraj  for the info and Kevin for showing us your beautiful model. I just got the 1/8 kit from Cozmic. The company has outstanding customer service, they responded  & solved my problem almost instantly ( I double ordered the kit by accident ). They have some interesting subjects inbound.     Cheers,  Ruben.

Thanks for all the kind words, fellas. Even though you can now buy a commercial kit of this particular subject (possibly based on the same files I used), 3D printing - even without getting into any CAD - has really opened up the kinds of subjects I can now build, especially in the sci-fi and fantasy modelling realms. Plenty more to come, but right now I really need to get back to some of my aircraft builds!

Kev