Looking for Ray Rimell article in Fine Scale Modeler on scratchbuilding a WWI plane. 1988-1992, IIRC

Hi Lee

Ask Ray. You'll probably reach him via mail@datafilespecials.co.uk

It might be that the articles you are seeking were by Harry Woodman, a master scratch builder. When I get a moment today I'll go through my Windsocks. Pretty sure I have that series.

Regards

Chris

Hi Lee, one of the best references I have found is this little gem by Harry Woodman. It was published by MAP in 1975. He wrote a number of articles appearing in the Windsock publications. I found mine in a used book store a few years ago, but you might check on AbeBooks or e-Bay. I may have a pdf copy in a collection of cd's a friend gave me a while back, I'll take a look...  Cheers,  Rockie

IMG_0390

Edited by Rockie Yarwood

I had in mind a series of six articles began in Windsock Volume 31, number 3; Autumn (OK, Fall) 2015; Practical Modelling section, by Harry Woodman; Modelling Vintage Aircraft in Plastic Card, pages 12 - 17. The last in the series was in Windsock Volume 32, Number 4 pages 4 - 12.

Regards

Chris

A while ago, Woodman’s book was free to download on the internet. Truly a public interest.

Like Shephard Paine and a few others, Harry Woodman was an inspiration to a great many modellers.
Even if you’re not a scratchbuilder, reading his book will help you build up your modelling skills and help you face (and resolve) the small problems encountered during your modelling career.

6 hours ago, quang said:

A while ago, Woodman’s book was free to download on the internet. Truly a public interest.

Like Shephard Paine and a few others, Harry Woodman was an inspiration to a great many modellers.
Even if you’re not a scratchbuilder, reading his book will help you build up your modelling skills and help you face (and resolve) the small problems encountered during your modelling career.

Hi Quang,

I found it here:

https://vdoc.pub/documents/scale-model-aircraft-in-plastic-card-a2f4jhsq30c0

But it does appear to be available at several sites for free. 

Best regards,

Paul

For a limited time (my Dropbox account - safe to click)...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e6gozjieo8dyidw/AAA9hwv31ry8WVDFX9tns9Dua?dl=0

Not the best quality scan, but not the worst either...

Cheers,  Rockie

Edited by Rockie Yarwood

• 2 weeks later...