Spruebrothers Lightning Deal Border 1/35th Junkers Ju87G1/G2 $54.99

Archimedes

On 11/6/2022 at 10:28 PM, Archimedes said:

1/35th: I suppose that sort of modelling has its place somewhere… :D;)

Best regards,

Paul

Paul,

Yes it does and it may surprise you to learn that the quantity, variety and quality of kits produced in 1/35 far outstrips that in 1/32....which just goes to show what customers/modellers want. Go figure!

Happy in all large scales.

Gary.

I can agree with that statement if you're including armor and military ground equipment/figures but for aircraft alone, 1/35 is a very small percentage of the available kits produced.  Let's also agree to compare apples to apples and omit the oranges, lemons, bananas, etc.   Most 1/32 scale modeler's do not want nor will purchase 1/35 scale aircraft..hence why Sprue Brothers has it at a discount...not popular as in hard pass.

Edited by Juggernut

Guys...My comment was a bastardisation of a quote from the Ridley Scott film Kingdom of Heaven spoken by the character Guy de Lusignan. My tongue was firmly in cheek and I was merely amusing myself. Apologies if it came across as a serious comment.

Tiberias: That I would rather live with men than kill them is certainly why you are alive...

Guy de Lusignan: That sort of Christianity has its uses I suppose....

I build models in all scales: Ships in 1/350th, Aircraft in 1/72, 1/48, 1/32 and 1/24th, armour (and maybe now aircraft) in 1/35, cars in 1/24 and 1/16 and motorcycles in 1/12 and 1/9. They are all good. Like many others I like to keep scale continuity among similar subjects if at all possible but sometimes it proves not to be. 

Kind regards,

Paul

I’ve followed a video series on Nigel’s Modelling Bench YouTube channel, and it looks like a bloody nice kit. I’m no aficionado on the subject, so won’t even attempt to comment on accuracies (or not) in the kit. 
It looks enough like a Stuka that I’d like to build one, and I’m annoyed that I can’t take advantage of this deal. 

1 hour ago, Stokey Pete said:

I’ve followed a video series on Nigel’s Modelling Bench YouTube channel, and it looks like a bloody nice kit.

Definitely watch the video if you're gonna build the kit:

The gentlemen who made the video corrects the instructions which contain NUMEROUS errors. Pretty much of a must-view.

Being in Australia makes all American 'deals' unreachable, unfortunately.  I have room for a tank busting Stuka in my stash...  And since I don't have room for multiple-plane dios, it's not like it would look out of place due to size. 

To me it's just about the level of detail.  Obviously a 1/48 kit cannot hold nearly as much detail as a 1/35 or 1/32.  But can a 1/32 scale kit hold more detail than a 1/35 kit?

23 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Most 1/32 scale modeler's do not want nor will purchase 1/35 scale aircraft..hence why Sprue Brothers has it at a discount...not popular as in hard pass.

Respectfully, I purchased Hasegawa's 1/32 Kanonenvogel-Stuka from SB which was a "Lightning Sale" item.

2 hours ago, ivanmoe said:

Respectfully, I purchased Hasegawa's 1/32 Kanonenvogel-Stuka from SB which was a "Lightning Sale" item.

It's not a bad kit but it's not as popular as their D though.  And it is 1/32.... 

I have the D I got at a show for $30...I called that a bargain....  LOL, it sits in my stash along with all the 98 or so other kits.