1/32 Crusader - Aries wheel bay help

SimonCornes

I am finishing off a part started kit fitted with the Aries gear bays and the Aries instructions are not that clear about exactly where the pivot rod that closes the two main gear doors via pushrods actually locates. The Trumpeter instructions don't help either and I don't have the Trumpeter bay parts to refer to. I can't see where the rod locates - there must be a bearing or bracket at each end but the very nice Aries casting doesn't seem to have any suitable brackets cast into it. Can anyone shed a bit of light onto this please?

Many thanks

Simon

On 11/6/2022 at 12:04 AM, Tony T said:

This build uses the Aires bays - maybe the finished pics might help?

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=1825

Tony

Thats a lovely build. Mine has the same markings but doesn't look as good! The photos are really useful and I'll be printing a few off!

1 hour ago, SimonCornes said:

Thats a lovely build. Mine has the same markings but doesn't look as good! The photos are really useful and I'll be printing a few off!

Not mine, sadly. I wish!  I'm only a third of the way through an F-8J from the Hancock (Zotz decals, Fisher windshield, G-factor legs, Aires cockpit and a shedload of Eduard etch) and, apart from the raised shark's gills on the nose and lack of the ventral hold-back trough + bar and early 1970s DECM bumps, it's a Trumpeter Team A creation. To be enjoyed.

Tony