Trumpeter 1/32 F-105G Wild Weasel - Nose gear bay time…finally

Brett M

Hi Brett,

as already mentioned by a few other modelling-friends I concur and definately advice You to score some metal legs for the lady. OOB she will already be standing quite wobbly on her legs and the addition of AM will not contribute in any positive way... 

The enclosed link takes You to a pretty dated review on ARC. At the bottom You'll find a "source" which used to sell them. Since the review is pretty dated I don't know if Ernie Gee still has them available but it's worth a shot. Good luck !!!

https://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Rev1/801-900/Rev893-F-105-McGinnis/00.shtm

Shujaa

On 11/6/2022 at 4:57 AM, Archer Fine Transfers said:

Thuds actually shot down more Migs over Vietnam than Phantoms. 

If by “shot down” you mean victories specifically using a gun, then that’s definitely true, since cannon-equipped Phantoms didn’t arrive in Vietnam until quite late in the game.  If you look at total MiG kills using any weapon, though, it’s the F-4 by a country mile…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_aerial_victories_of_the_Vietnam_War

the Quinta bits look great - i've used them on several kits now and the thing i like about them or perhaps any 3-d print is that there's a thickness to "grab" onto which makes installation so much easier (i use Future or canopy glue). PE can be so frustrating. Anyway ... also the Aires stuff is always top notch but sometimes a pain to fit. I love like HGW harnesses and so on but you know sometimes i'd just rather paint a nice, crisp resin casting. The Hot Bath thing i've never heard of before. Anyway the Thud is probably one of the prettiest but most maligned jets in history. it just looks like it should be awesome ... but apparently not so much. 

9 hours ago, Shujaa said:

Hi Brett,

as already mentioned by a few other modelling-friends I concur and definately advice You to score some metal legs for the lady. OOB she will already be standing quite wobbly on her legs and the addition of AM will not contribute in any positive way... 

The enclosed link takes You to a pretty dated review on ARC. At the bottom You'll find a "source" which used to sell them. Since the review is pretty dated I don't know if Ernie Gee still has them available but it's worth a shot. Good luck !!!

https://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Rev1/801-900/Rev893-F-105-McGinnis/00.shtm

Shujaa

Awesome, thanks Shujaa. Just shot Ernie an email and it didn’t bounce back immediately, so there theres hope!

13 hours ago, denders said:

The G-Factor landing gear are nice. I thought I got mine from SB but I don't see them listed.

The solid resin nose will balance out the resin engine parts. I didn't put additional weight in mine. Of course, the G-Factor nose gear and the Aires resin nose gear bay helped.

I used a Master Model metal pitot on mine too. It's very pointy and will draw blood if you're careless. I would suggest holding off to the very last to install it.

The Quinta cockpit stuff looks great. It wasn't released until I had the fuselage closed up. I used Eduard PE.

Will avoid stabbing myself with the pointy bits! Would you recommend doing the bays? Worth it?

1 hour ago, Jboldt007 said:

the Quinta bits look great - i've used them on several kits now and the thing i like about them or perhaps any 3-d print is that there's a thickness to "grab" onto which makes installation so much easier (i use Future or canopy glue). PE can be so frustrating. Anyway ... also the Aires stuff is always top notch but sometimes a pain to fit. I love like HGW harnesses and so on but you know sometimes i'd just rather paint a nice, crisp resin casting. The Hot Bath thing i've never heard of before. Anyway the Thud is probably one of the prettiest but most maligned jets in history. it just looks like it should be awesome ... but apparently not so much. 

Definitely looking forward to getting the Quinta parts on.

As for Aires, so much sanding. No update today other than more sanding and dry fitting. And then more sanding…and fitting.

:popcorn::popcorn:

This should be a very interesting project.  Love all the AM stuff you have for this, especially the Quinta studio parts.  I've only used their stuff once, but will definitely be back for more.

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55

10 hours ago, Brett M said:

So…yeah. Now that I’ve dived into the cockpit, the Quinta decal’s definitely won’t fit the IP’s as they’re wider than the Aires parts. Deep thought time…..or maybe watch some SG1?

I imagine that they're sized to fit the kit parts. Unfortunate that the Aires parts are a different size. I was going to use a combination of Eduard and the Quinta parts for my corsair build and ended up just sticking with most of the kit parts and the Quinta parts.