1/32nd A-20G coming from HK Models

tomprobert

No idea about release date, but here's a video of a pre-production kit courtesy of Metro Hobbies in Melbourne.  Looks very very good.  Or even better than that :m0152:.  The level of detail and fit looks to be excellent, and the surface detail too looks to be among the best of any model available.  I don't normally do bombers, but I might just make an exception with this one.

HKM 1/32 A-20 Havoc

I don't think it's tight at release stage yet, as there's a comment about a possible nose weight.  No decision yet, according to the reviewer.

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55

Oh I just HAD to watch that video! Now I'm really getting stoked for this! The detail is about the best I've seen straight out of the box. He's not going to use all those push rods is he? It's actually bigger than I thought, a little bigger than a Mossie, I got the room for it.

22 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

No idea about release date, but here's a video of a pre-production kit courtesy of Metro Hobbies in Melbourne.  Looks very very good.  Or even better than that :m0152:.  The level of detail and fit looks to be excellent, and the surface detail too looks to be among the best of any model available.  I don't normally do bombers, but I might just make an exception with this one.

HKM 1/32 A-20 Havoc

I don't think it's tight at release stage yet, as there's a comment about a possible nose weight.  No decision yet, according to the reviewer.

Cheers,

Michael

Watched it last night and it looks awesome, seems to be much better than their B-25s. Cheers.

5 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Has anybody heard anything on a price yet? I'm saving my pennies just like to have an idea how big a hole this is going to make in my wallet[ I'm getting it anyway unless it's $500 or something crazy like that].

I know one thing it wont be cheap. Cheers.

I know one thing it wont be cheap

My guess - and I stress it's a guess, is that this might well be my first £200 kit

This being the cost of the plastic rather that the plastic and add ons - I've built plenty of models that ended up costing way more than that ! (haven't we all!)

26 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I’m thinking the same, and maybe even a bit more.  The B-25J Strafing Babes is over $200.

Yeah, I'm preparing for the worst, the B-25 is a little bigger if that makes any difference[ probably not]. We'll have to see , I'm budgeting for $250, I'm hoping it'll come in cheaper.

My hope is that for whatever the cost of the kit is, we get a good, accurate model.  While, by all accounts, that seems like what we're going to get here, I'm still chafing from the Infinity Models Helldiver that was $toomuch and required 2x that in aftermarket PE to be presentable.  :/