1/32nd A-20G coming from HK Models

tomprobert

From looking at the sprue layouts, it appears they kept the same issue present on their B-25 series, specifically the four sets of pushrods when there should only be two (front of the engine assembly visible through the cowling, and rear of the engine assembly visible through the cowl flaps). The B-25 kit had a set of pushrods on both sides of each bank of cylinders, but the solution was as simple as cutting the rods off the center ring and installing only the ring to have the correct engine spacing. Not the end of the world, but apparently a correction that didn't occur. Won't know for sure until we see instructions, but the sprue layouts suggest this is the case.

13 hours ago, Artful69 said:

... I can see the AM guys going nuts with the possibilities available here for resin conversion sets!...

Rog :)

Thanks Rog. It's what I'm hoping for: a cut and drop-in resin greenhouse window for a P-70 night-fighter. The rest would be scratchbuilt. But maybe HKM will give it a go. Yes, and I'd gladly donate the turret parts to anyone who needed them. 

Tony 

18 hours ago, Avenger2614 said:

From looking at the sprue layouts, it appears they kept the same issue present on their B-25 series, specifically the four sets of pushrods when there should only be two (front of the engine assembly visible through the cowling, and rear of the engine assembly visible through the cowl flaps). The B-25 kit had a set of pushrods on both sides of each bank of cylinders, but the solution was as simple as cutting the rods off the center ring and installing only the ring to have the correct engine spacing. Not the end of the world, but apparently a correction that didn't occur. Won't know for sure until we see instructions, but the sprue layouts suggest this is the case.

That's odd, wonder how many people made the correction? I 'm guessing everybody caught that one,I would hope.

3 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

As I don't do facebook, is there anything there about a price point for this? I got to get a budget together .

I’d hazard a guess that it would retail for sub $300 AUD … or for other countries, think B-25 type pricing??

Rog :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

Any updates on this fella? Seemed like it was pretty close to release, sans decals and instructions (and a box with pretty artwork, of course).

I've got an A-20 itch that I'd like to scratch.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

That makes 2 of us . I haven't seen anything else yet . You just want to get your hands on that turret

12 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

That makes 2 of us . I haven't seen anything else yet . You just want to get your hands on that turret

You bet I do. I've also always had a love for this airplane. Kind of the unsung workhorse of both the ETO and PTO... other medium bombers got much of the attention (B-25's, B-26's), but the A-20 was a little hotrod that did some fine work. I like to think the A-20 taught the A-26 folks that there's a place in the sky for a hotrod attack aircraft, that even though you're as big as the medium bombers, you can get down on the deck and make some noise.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

4 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

You bet I do. I've also always had a love for this airplane. Kind of the unsung workhorse of both the ETO and PTO... other medium bombers got much of the attention (B-25's, B-26's), but the A-20 was a little hotrod that did some fine work. I like to think the A-20 taught the A-26 folks that there's a place in the sky for a hotrod attack aircraft, that even though you're as big as the medium bombers, you can get down on the deck and make some noise.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Your observations are actually the same as mine , it was a hot rod and it did not get the due it deserved to get. As i said before , my 7th grade teacher flew those in the south pacific and told us all the stories , so from that day on it's been one of my all time favs. I'm a gear head so it fits me to a T

1 minute ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Your observations are actually the same as mine , it was a hot rod and it did not get the due it deserved to get. As i said before , my 7th grade teacher flew those in the south pacific and told us all the stories , so from that day on it's been one of my all time favs. I'm a gear head so it fits me to a T

One of the reasons why I love World War II aviation. It was the hot rod era of flight. No fancy computers, just raw horsepower, and the race to go faster and be more brutal mechanically.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Just now, Dennis7423 said:

One of the reasons why I love World War II aviation. It was the hot rod era of flight. No fancy computers, just raw horsepower, and the race to go faster and be more brutal mechanically.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Oh right on! As an aside my uncle [favorite uncle] flew RB-26Cs in Korea, he was a definite type A personality and a gear head also. He brought back more than few of them all shot up on one engine he loved that plane!