1/32nd A-20G coming from HK Models

tomprobert

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

Looks like it’s in resin, not plastic.  Possible a special limited boxing?

I’d suggest that might be just because it’s a mock-up. They probably just want to promote this G variant and get the preorders going - but feed some anticipation for the future boxing at the same time … I think that they just haven’t tooled up the moulds for that section yet.

Rog :)

I got a reply from HK Models on Facebook and they stated "it will be an A-20 family of model kits." I have to imagine we'll see more variants past the G/J. But, time will tell!

Now, I really do need an additional Martin turret from this beauty for my B-24J...

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

4 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

I got a reply from HK Models on Facebook and they stated "it will be an A-20 family of model kits." I have to imagine we'll see more variants past the G/J. But, time will tell!

Now, I really do need an additional Martin turret from this beauty for my B-24J...

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

While it’s wonderful that they’ve acknowledged you, the response is a little ambiguous - it doesn’t necessarily indicate anything other than the G or J already shown.

The non-modular fuselage means a bunch of new tooling (and therefore expense) is required for earlier variants, that need not necessarily have been done …

The extra width in the A-20G fuselage often mentioned is only applicable to the area directly surrounding the Martin turret (which looks very well done on the CAD btw!!) so this “observers” area could have been dealt with in the same fashion as the nose piece - a subassembly plug.

There is also perhaps the engines - but I think this area is more about the power egg than the nacelles tbh.

Given the non-modular design, I’m beginning to wonder if this is the final resting place of the HpH / HGW A-20G which had already shown substantial CAD and master work before disappearing …

We haven’t heard from either of these sources on that particular subject for some time - and it would have made sense for HGW to hand this one over to a proven manufacturer of larger twins if feeling a little overwhelmed by the size and scope of project.

just speculating of course!

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

having looked at what was on their stand today to my eyes it was really impressive and certainly way more detailed than their other kits. I'm no expert on the real aircraft but the surface texture and interior details looked to be in a league of their own. This has jumped to the top of my must have list, I'm more excited about this than the Kotare spit. Having looked at both I would say this is a better kit in terms of details (but that's my subjective view with little knowledge of the real plane).

4 minutes ago, chukw said:

On Facebook, Chris Meddings of Inside the Armour has stated he has been given a test shot of the kit- sprue photos to come! He has spoken highly of it. While I tilt strongly to 1/48...

I believe our own Dave Langmead is also in possession of one now, so hopefully we'll see his build here shortly too.

Kev

Well, from what I've seen so far , this is much better than the 1/48 Lanc I built of theirs very impressed and this just went to the top of the list in must haves. I know we have been wondering about Tamiya , but with stuff like this coming out ,well.......... I just hope it doesn't cost too much . I'm thinking just north of $300

8 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Looks like it’s in resin, not plastic.  Possible a special limited boxing?

Its a 3d printed mock up for sizing purposes. 

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I believe our own Dave Langmead is also in possession of one now, so hopefully we'll see his build here shortly too.

Kev

I do indeed. 

I can attest to the quality of the kit, HK has really stepped up their game in terms of moulding technology. 

In terms of markings, Neil is yet to decide, and has sought counsel in this regard. 

Yes, there will be other versions BUT not the early ones so your looking at Boston V's onwards, that said there are plenty of colour ways for this and plenty of theatres including Russian and French. 

Also down the line are planned K variants so plenty of options. 

I will do some sprue shots and a build thread as soon as i get 5 mins. 

On 11/13/2022 at 5:55 AM, tomprobert said:

Having had a good look over the test shots today, I’m confident in saying this is HK’s best kit to date. 

The surface detail is exceptional and beautifully in scale, the engines look gorgeous and the interior detail very good indeed. I don’t know much about the A-20 family but the shapes look accurate and it’s every inch a Havoc. 

And the real bonus is in 1/32 scale it looks similar in dimensions to a 1/48 B-17 or Lanc so very manageable - chances are I can even smuggle this past the wife without her giving it a second glance. Take my money!

Tom

Well I ran the gauntlet and got the Hobby Boss B-24 past the other day so you never know!