1/32nd A-20G coming from HK Models

tomprobert

1 hour ago, ade rowlands said:

Did the RAAF use this version? I like to slap Roundels on things.

IIRC the answer is both a yes and a no … The RAAF we’re equiped with some A-20Gs … solid nose with armament, but without the turret equiped for the rear gunner / observer - having to make do with the old set up …

Im waiting to see some sprue shots of the fuse’ … if there is a sizeable chunk of plastic missing from the upper rear observers position - to be inserted by parts supplied on another sprue … that is the best indicator (besides the separate nose piece) that the kit is being designed for multiple versions.

The changes to aircraft design over the variants lend themselves to a modular style model construction. Even if there was no initial intent to make other variants - creating a modular assembly design leaves that door open for future boxings - which HK seem to like doing!

Rog :)

9 hours ago, allthumbs said:

Next month, according to this article in The Modelling News website.

Rich

Not sure where Adam took this info from but next month is rather unlikely considering that the decal design hasn't even started and the designer hasn't received sprues for test-fitting yet...

Edited by barkhorn

1 hour ago, Artful69 said:

IIRC the answer is both a yes and a no … The RAAF we’re equiped with some A-20Gs … solid nose with armament, but without the turret equiped for the rear gunner / observer - having to make do with the old set up …

Im waiting to see some sprue shots of the fuse’ … if there is a sizeable chunk of plastic missing from the upper rear observers position - to be inserted by parts supplied on another sprue … that is the best indicator (besides the separate nose piece) that the kit is being designed for multiple versions.

The changes to aircraft design over the variants lend themselves to a modular style model construction. Even if there was no initial intent to make other variants - creating a modular assembly design leaves that door open for future boxings - which HK seem to like doing!

Thanks Rog, I thought it was something along the lines of yes to Gun Nose but no to a Turret. I shall hold off on purchase/pre order for the now then. 

12 minutes ago, barkhorn said:

A few pics I just received from Telford:
315069379_13064954567gfejm.jpg
314859641_15787683492olcah.jpg
314635806_51623225705hyi6q.jpg
314380337_22198808881wreio.jpg
313914749_5647368085366i8u.jpg
314986243_656316559532jcbd.jpg
313914749_529744129102pemn.jpg

Damn! … not modular … so a whole new design required for any of the not turreted earlier night fighter or interdiction stuff … at least there appears to be a glazed nose version of some description in the works there.

Design looks absolutely beautiful though!! At least one for me!

Edited by Artful69