De Havilland

Hi All

There is a group of us who are building DH Tiger and other Moths over an extended period or have built them in the past. I also know of several people on this forum who are building representations of other De Havilland offerings. It seems like a good idea to have a thread where those of us who are interested in De Havilland in general and in Moths in particular might want to gather. I'm not proposing that we kill off nor duplicate anyone's individual build (as we can always post a link to them), but this thread might be a decent repository of De Havilland related knowledge. So, @Christa, @mozart, @LSP_Kevin and @Alain Gadbois you have all been members with an interest in De Havilland aircraft so I hope we might collectively find this useful as a place to gather for De Havilland related content.

Kind regards,

Paul

2 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

so is there a thread for these builds Paul?

in Work in Progress ?

Thank you.

:popcorn:

Hi Maru, well you know my G-AIVW build very well and its link is Here

Mozart’s is Here and he’s done a fantastic kit comparison Here.

Kev’s Moth Air Ambulance is Here 

Alain’s is Here

And Christa has been laying out his plans for a Fox Moth Here

Enjoy!

Best regards,
Paul

Hmmm.

de Havilland you say?

Bit of a de Havilland fan myself (have a share in a Chipmunk - see profile pic  :)) - and quite a few de Havilland subjects to build - so...

Actually - I should crack on with one of the Tiger kits I have at some point, and the Rapide, and the Vampire, and, well, quite a few others.

Iain

1 hour ago, Pete Roberts said:

Have you been in touch with the de Havilland Aircraft Museum - I’m sure this would be of interest, and maybe a display could be arranged down the track, for those lucky enough to be close enough to do so! 

Thinking about allocating extra time when next I drive down to visit my parents in Belgium to make a small detour to them.

de Havilland “GB” could be on the cards then chaps!? Funnily enough there’s a proposal for an “Airco & de Havilland” GB over on Britmodeller for 2023 but it’s not getting much support in the polls. 

Edited by mozart

An LSP De Havilland shed! Excellent idea.

Mike Stephenson, dhcomet88@aol.com, is treasurer for the Comet Racer Project Group, restoring DH 88 G - ACSP, Black Magic, at Derby Airfield, UK.

Mike is selling a big shelf of aviation books, list available from him. Prices are good, service is great, proceeds to the restoration.

I don't yet know how to put images on LSP. When I can, I will.