Doesn't anybody like the Razorback?

Gazzas

On 11/3/2022 at 1:38 PM, Gazzas said:

I appreciate all of the input.  I'm gonna stay on my Trumpeter ban.   Hopefully some day somebody will revisit the American Legend.

Sorry your just missing out.

Wait all you like but the grass in never greener and life is short and Trump have done some wonderful 32nd kits. Your loss to bizarrely ban them?
Putting a ban on them based on other peoples priorities and views is crazy i mean how do you know what they are even like? 

Buy one look at and and sell it off if YOU dont like it.

No manufacturer has attracted so much comment and most comes from those with love of aircraft they have released. Forums are full of comments about errors magnified to Everest size proportions from the smallest molehills this thread is evidence of that.

The Hasegawa kit and others have their own issues yet no ban for them?

Enjoy the wait we have only been waiting for the ultimate P-47 in 32nd since 1945

5 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

Sorry your just missing out.

Wait all you like but the grass in never greener and life is short and Trump have done some wonderful 32nd kits. Your loss to bizarrely ban them?
Putting a ban on them based on other peoples priorities and views is crazy i mean how do you know what they are even like? 

Buy one look at and and sell it off if YOU dont like it.

No manufacturer has attracted so much comment and most comes from those with love of aircraft they have released. Forums are full of comments about errors magnified to Everest size proportions from the smallest molehills this thread is evidence of that.

The Hasegawa kit and others have their own issues yet no ban for them?

Enjoy the wait we have only been waiting for the ultimate P-47 in 32nd since 1945

My Trumpeter ban comes not from "Other peoples priorities", but from my own costly experience with three separate Trumpy kits.  As for Hasegawa, I know which ones to avoid, which can be fixed relatively easy, and those which seem to please builders on this forum all of the time.

I have plenty of other models to keep me busy while I wait.  If I  run out and can still build...  then I can give Trumpeter a call.

Razorback T-bolt if only one, though if I succumb to 1/24 I'd get both Kinetics

I buy Trumpeter and love their jet kits, even though I'm having to spend at least as much again on AM to improve them.

Tony 

One of the first kits I built as an adult when I got back into the hobby was the old Revell razor back. I still have it somewhere.  Not really a good build.  It’s before I discovered how to fill glue seams and use a sanding stick to get sprue burrs off.  Looks like one of my builds when I was 12. 

10 hours ago, Tony T said:

Razorback T-bolt if only one, though if I succumb to 1/24 I'd get both Kinetics

I buy Trumpeter and love their jet kits, even though I'm having to spend at least as much again on AM to improve them.

Tony 

Built one F-8 and a A-6 both very nice kits , perfect? no but still darn good ,didn't need much aftermarket .  I have another F-8 in works. Not all of Trumpeter's stuff is bad{ some of is terrible ] The razorback was good ,no real complaints  

On 11/3/2022 at 12:38 PM, Gazzas said:

I appreciate all of the input.  I'm gonna stay on my Trumpeter ban.   Hopefully some day somebody will revisit the American Legend.

Yeah, I can understand that.  They usually leave me feeling disappointed in some way, and that includes my latest Hurricane build.

But there is one Trumpeter kit I would recommend, and only one.  Namely, the MiG-3.  It's a straight forward kit that assembles nicely out of the box, and it's something different.  I found this site and mostly scratch built the cockpit using an Eduard etch set.  It's one of my favourite builds and you can see some of the build here in this RFI

Cheers,

Michael

1 hour ago, MikeMaben said:

Too much discrimination around here  :rolleyes:  I like both bubble and razorback. Have 2 Hasegawa and 2 Trumpeter and

that's just a good start. Like Mustang Ds / Bs, they're all too cool to dismiss.

that's what I like to see, someone has done, and remembered, their Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity training !!!! :D

4 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Too much discrimination around here  :rolleyes:  I like both bubble and razorback. Have 2 Hasegawa and 2 Trumpeter and

that's just a good start. Like Mustang Ds / Bs, they're all too cool to dismiss. :speak_cool:

You're right Mike!