Gecko Models 1/35 C-47 Skytrain?

Archimedes

Hi All,

Gecko models have a 1/35 Austin K2Y heavy Ambulance they are putting out there. Interestingly they put up this shot below:

pu5OSy.jpg

That looks like an awfully detailed CAD model of a C-47 just for a promotional shot of an ambulance...

It could mean nothing or it could be a 1/35 C-47 in development. :hmmm:

Best regards,

Paul

Can't comment on the likelihood of a 1/35th C-47 , but I can confirm that the ambulance is a beautiful kit,(Also issued by Airfix which is the version I built) , pity it's not 1/32 but hey if it means a C-47 is coming , count me in!

22 minutes ago, Scotsman said:

Can't comment on the likelihood of a 1/35th C-47 , but I can confirm that the ambulance is a beautiful kit,(Also issued by Airfix which is the version I built) , pity it's not 1/32 but hey if it means a C-47 is coming , count me in!

Hi Scotsman - I could not agree more on the C-47 (though everything is always price dependent). I simply could not justify the price of the 1/32 HpH DC-3/C-47 so truly hope that if a 1/35 Skytrain is a reality from Gecko that it is significantly less in price than the HpH kit.   Your post has made me crumble on buying the K2Y ambulance though! I was under the impression that the Gecko and the Airfix Ambulances were different kits but you post indicates not. Thanks!

Best regards,

Paul

34 minutes ago, Scotsman said:

but I can confirm that the ambulance is a beautiful kit,(Also issued by Airfix which is the version I built)

off topic slightly sorry and the thing doesn't fly however did you make the choice ?? I want to build one of these but couldn't work out which one - fell in love with that vehicle from Ice Cold in Alex and always wanted to build one.

neil

Hello Paul, the Gecko kit is much better than the Airfix one, in my opinion. It's much more detailed with a much higher parts count. I got the early Ambulance and it comes with a figure of the Queen. It also has decals for her Ambulance in ww2, plus the famous Ambulance from the movie " Ice cold in alex ". The airfix has neither, If you like simplified kits then get the Airfix as it's easier to build. Otherwise I recommend the Gecko, a beautiful kit.  Cheers,  Ruben.

Edited by firefly7

26 minutes ago, firefly7 said:

Hello Paul, the Gecko kit is much better than the Airfix one, in my opinion. It's much more detailed with a much higher parts count. I got the early Ambulance and it comes with a figure of the Queen. It also has decals for her Ambulance in ww2, plus the famous Ambulance from the movie " Ice cold in alex ". The airfix has neither, If you like simplified kits then get the Airfix as it's easier to build. Otherwise I recommend the Gecko, a beautiful kit.  Cheers,  Ruben.

Thanks Ruben - Always want to build that and (to keep things LSP related) a C-47... ;)

Best regards,
Paul

45 minutes ago, firefly7 said:

Your most welcome Paul, be sure to get the early one to get the decals. If Gecko produces the C-47 ( although I would prefer 1/32 ) I will be over the moon. I always wanted to make " Tropical Tilly " from the movie " The thing " Cheers.    Ruben

Thanks Firefly, I appreciate the pointer on the K2Y. I too would like the C-47 in 1/32 but I’ll take what I can get ;)

Best regards,

Paul