1/32 Mirage 2000C windshield

thierry laurent

Hi Ali,

The Kitty Hawk Mirage 2000C single seater has a stupid issue. KH actually only measured a two-seater 2000 and thought both planes had the same length! So, they overextended the front fuselage of the single seater at windshield level. This means the two-seater kit has a correct length part whereas the single-seater part is too long. A copy of the two-seater windshield part and simple fuselage cut can solve that on the 2000C model. So, I'm wondering if you would consider releasing a resin copy of the two-seater part to correct the other kit? This could be a quick win! 

Cheers 

Thierry 

On 10/31/2022 at 9:45 AM, thierry laurent said:

Hi Ali,

The Kitty Hawk Mirage 2000C single seater has a stupid issue. KH actually only measured a two-seater 2000 and thought both planes had the same length! So, they overextended the front fuselage of the single seater at windshield level. This means the two-seater kit has a correct length part whereas the single-seater part is too long. A copy of the two-seater windshield part and simple fuselage cut can solve that on the 2000C model. So, I'm wondering if you would consider releasing a resin copy of the two-seater part to correct the other kit? This could be a quick win! 

Cheers 

Thierry 

Hi Thierry

it certainly sounds like a relatively easy fix and project. I could not remember which 2000 I had so went up to the loft stash earlier, I have the ‘C’, so I would need to borrow the D/N windshield part, if that is possible then I can have a look. I may very well do the main canopy as well, so that the tint / shade of the large clear parts are the same.

let me know, and I can inform my address unless you still have it.

cheers Ali

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2022 at 10:34 PM, Ali62 said:

I am now prepared to have a look at this as a project, is there anybody out there, especially in the U.K. that would be prepared to send me the screen from the Mirage 2000 two seater kit, so that I can clone that, so it can be used with the single seat version.

I can supply the canopy, will pm you later.

Hi 

if I remember , Nick ( Cheetah 11 ) fixed the issue , not only , he shortened , the windscreen , but the fuselage ... as well , so a new windscreen  is welcome , but we have to fix the fuselage length too  .............one doesn’t go without the other

Alain

1 hour ago, alain11 said:

Hi 

if I remember , Nick ( Cheetah 11 ) fixed the issue , not only , he shortened , the windscreen , but the fuselage ... as well , so a new windscreen  is welcome , but we have to fix the fuselage length too  .............one doesn’t go without the other

Alain

Not complicated as far as you know where to do the cut. This one was corrected:

Hello

Actually you need to remove about 5mm in the front fuselage.

And yes, Kitty Hawks single seater windshield is longer than dual seater counterpart, while in real life they are the same.

img_8310.jpg

img_2291.jpg

A correction set would need a dual seater windshield recast, and a shortened front IP coaming.

Romain

Edited by ROM

You also would need precise instructions on where to cut the kit fuselage.  Basically you’re talking about a 2000C windscreen correction set, which means:

Corrected 2000C windscreen (or copy of 2000D/N windscreen)

shortened IP combing

instructions for shortening the 2000C fuselage

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...