Flying Leathernecks FL32-2063 AV-8B Pylons and FL32-2076 LAU-33 dual 5.00" rocket launcher - Links Open!

Dave Roof

Coming in January (possibly sooner) are two new 1/32 resin items from Flying Leathernecks Decals

FL32-2063 AV-8B Harrier Pylons will include all 7 pylons with separate bomb racks

FL32-2076 LAU-33 5.00" Rocket Launcher (empty)

FL32-2077 LAU-33 5.00" Rocket Launcher with rockets and HE warheads

Prices to be determined. CAD by RVZ and P. Haupt

311914103-556693123102446-76673438249691

313375657-556297713141987-58214328449751

Edited by Dave Roof

• Dave Roof changed the title to Flying Leathernecks FL32-2063 AV-8B Pylons and FL32-2076 LAU-33 dual 5.00" rocket launcher

Test prints of the inboard and middle AV-8B pylons.

The outboard pylon will have the option of installing the BRU-36 bomb rack or the bomb rack replacement unit, which is installed when the LAU-7 is attached.

Pylons designed by Richard VanZandt using references provided by FLD. These include the A1-AV8BB-LWS-000 Weapons Stores Loading Manual for the AV-8B, A1-AV8BB-SRM-500 Structural Repair Manual, measurements and photos.

DSCN1526.jpg

Pre-order links are open for the AV-8B Harrier Pylons in 1/48, 1/32 and 1/18 scales. These will begin shipping in December. However, as we're currently running a 15% off sale in celebration of the Marine Corps 247th Birthday and our 15th year in business, the links were opened for those that want to take advantage of the sale. 

The 1/32 LAU-33 are ready to ship

https://www.flyingleathernecksdecals.com/p/fl32-2063-av-8b-weapons-pylons-for-trumpeter---pre-order

https://www.flyingleathernecksdecals.com/p/fl32-2076-lau-33--500-rocket-launcher-empty

https://www.flyingleathernecksdecals.com/p/fl18-1008-av-8b-weapons-pylons-for-hobbyboss---pre-order

• Dave Roof changed the title to Flying Leathernecks FL32-2063 AV-8B Pylons and FL32-2076 LAU-33 dual 5.00" rocket launcher - Links Open!

Dave,

When do you expect the LAU-33 with the rockets/HE warheads will be ready?

How do these mount to the pylon on the F-4? 

I see that it looks like they have 3 hangars similar to an AIM-9 ....do they mount to the AIM-9 launcher rail?

Thanks,

Scott

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 1:55 PM, scott_t said:

Dave,

When do you expect the LAU-33 with the rockets/HE warheads will be ready?

How do these mount to the pylon on the F-4? 

I see that it looks like they have 3 hangars similar to an AIM-9 ....do they mount to the AIM-9 launcher rail?

Thanks,

Scott

Hope to have the 33 with rockets ready by the end of the month (if not sooner). Yes, they mount to either the LAU-7 or AERO-3 launchers.

On 11/3/2022 at 11:19 PM, Dave Roof said:

Test prints of the inboard and middle AV-8B pylons.

The outboard pylon will have the option of installing the BRU-36 bomb rack or the bomb rack replacement unit, which is installed when the LAU-7 is attached.

Pylons designed by Richard VanZandt using references provided by FLD. These include the A1-AV8BB-LWS-000 Weapons Stores Loading Manual for the AV-8B, A1-AV8BB-SRM-500 Structural Repair Manual, measurements and photos.

DSCN1526.jpg

Dave, these are beautiful!  Are these the same as Brit GR5/7/9 etc??  I am having a hankering to build a brit one to go with my Phantom but I heard the kit has loads of  issues etc (havent looked into it), but seeing stuff like this is making me think twice about tackling one...

Cheers Anthony

26 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Dave, these are beautiful!  Are these the same as Brit GR5/7/9 etc??  I am having a hankering to build a brit one to go with my Phantom but I heard the kit has loads of  issues etc (havent looked into it), but seeing stuff like this is making me think twice about tackling one...

Cheers Anthony

Seconded, was thinking this myself. @Anthony in NZ I'm looking at my references and I think for the most part it seems to bring it in line. 

1 hour ago, Breaker said:

Seconded, was thinking this myself. @Anthony in NZ I'm looking at my references and I think for the most part it seems to bring it in line. 

Aaaah ok, well I might dig a little deeper.  I seem to remember a build on Britmodeller where the chap notes all the issues and corrected them.  I must see if I can find it again

Cheers Anthony

5 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Cheers Anthony

Yes, same pylons and ejector units.

9 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

I stand corrected. I'll get with Richard and see about doing corrected outboard pylons for an RAF set.

I appreciate that. Happy to pre-order two sets straight away as well based on the quality of the US spec ones!