Devotion movie Corsair

KUROK

On 10/30/2022 at 7:41 PM, KUROK said:

Ah but I can fantasize about a Tamiya F4U-4 or -5....

I was sure the F4U-4 was coming out in 1/32.

Michael Potter gave Tamiya access to his Spitfires, Mustang and Corsair, as well as the Avspecs Mossie when he had it in Canada in his hangar. This access produced those five kits (2 Spit variants).

He used to own an F4U-4 and he spoke to the new owner and arranged access for Tamiya. Although 3-4 years have passed since.

9 hours ago, ScoobyDoo said:

I was sure the F4U-4 was coming out in 1/32.

Michael Potter gave Tamiya access to his Spitfires, Mustang and Corsair, as well as the Avspecs Mossie when he had it in Canada in his hangar. This access produced those five kits (2 Spit variants).

He used to own an F4U-4 and he spoke to the new owner and arranged access for Tamiya. Although 3-4 years have passed since.

I think that it's kinda neat that while the topic is about a Devotion Corsair the F4U-4 Mr Potter had actually ended up painted in Tom Hudner's 205 when Doug Mathews bought it from him and stayed in those markings even when sold to Trent Latshaw... Now last year the new owner in Florida has repainted it in colors it wore while in service...

Mike

In addition to the -7's that France got they also managed to score a few surplus AU-1's as well.  I wish Hasegawa would just upscale their 1/48 line of late model Corsairs and we would all be happy.  Oh yeah and the -4's that flew in Korea were either armed with 6 x .50 F4U-4's, or 4 x 20mm F4U-4B's.  

Steve

6 hours ago, Steve C said:

In addition to the -7's that France got they also managed to score a few surplus AU-1's as well.  I wish Hasegawa would just upscale their 1/48 line of late model Corsairs and we would all be happy.  Oh yeah and the -4's that flew in Korea were either armed with 6 x .50 F4U-4's, or 4 x 20mm F4U-4B's.  

Steve

Would love for Hasegawa to blow up the 1/48 -5 kit

Edited by Rob Colvin

For those interested, I used Flevo decals to build  “Bitter Birds” Olathe based -4B. They are nice decals. I used the Trumpeter kit. Trumpeter kit isn’t great in my mind, but it’s all we have. I suspect it will be all we get. I’ll need to check, but there may also be a decal sheet for the birds featured in the movie. There is a great deal of work needed to get a -5,-5N, -7, or AU-1 out of the Trumpeter kit. I tried to do a -5N a long time ago and it ended up in the bin

2 hours ago, Steve Eagle said:

For those interested, I used Flevo decals to build  “Bitter Birds” Olathe based -4B. They are nice decals. I used the Trumpeter kit. Trumpeter kit isn’t great in my mind, but it’s all we have. I suspect it will be all we get. I’ll need to check, but there may also be a decal sheet for the birds featured in the movie. There is a great deal of work needed to get a -5,-5N, -7, or AU-1 out of the Trumpeter kit. I tried to do a -5N a long time ago and it ended up in the bin

Yeah, I hear you on the conversion too much to do. I like Corsairs and I wouldn't even try it , well beyond my skill set.

2 hours ago, KUROK said:

I guess war movies don't sell that well... the movie has not even grossed $20 million yet.

On the other hand Top Gun: Maverick really raked it in!!!

That's really too bad . I guess a lot of people don't care for true stories with REAL heros, they prefer fantasy. What'ja gonna do , brother. We'll enjoy it though.

16 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

That's really too bad . I guess a lot of people don't care for true stories with REAL heros, they prefer fantasy. What'ja gonna do , brother. We'll enjoy it though.

I think there are a couple of things holding it back.  First, it doesn’t have Tom Cruise and it’s not a sequel to a very popular movie.  Second, just looking at the trailer, to most people it looks a lot like Top Gun Maverick, with a impossible mission, air battles over and around snow covered mountains, and a bad guy “super fighter” (MiG-15 instead of Su-57) the heroes have to overcome.  Also, to be honest, since it deals with a pioneering black aviator, I think a lot of people wrongly assume that it’s just a “woke” ripoff of Top Gun Maverick, and don’t know that it’s a real story.