Der Stern von Afrika

Greif8

Very nice model, well done.

Since I am currently building the same bird I have one question about the markings - It seems that Hasegawa shows that the option with the red rudder can't go with the white wing tips. Did you do a fifth scheme that is not in the kit? I ask because I like the red rudder and white wing tips very much. :)

Best,

Nikola

1 hour ago, Nikola Topalov said:

Very nice model, well done.

Since I am currently building the same bird I have one question about the markings - It seems that Hasegawa shows that the option with the red rudder can't go with the white wing tips. Did you do a fifth scheme that is not in the kit? I ask because I like the red rudder and white wing tips very much. :)

Best,

Nikola

Hi Nikola, to be honest I researched the pilot for this build much more than I did the aircraft.  It is very doubtful if this aircraft actually had a red primer painted rudder - altough you should never say never when it comes to Luftwaffe aircraft!  I missed the white wing tip with red primer rudder combo being "out of bounds"; but like you, I like how it looks.

Ernest

10 hours ago, Greif8 said:

Hi Nikola, to be honest I researched the pilot for this build much more than I did the aircraft.  It is very doubtful if this aircraft actually had a red primer painted rudder - altough you should never say never when it comes to Luftwaffe aircraft!  I missed the white wing tip with red primer rudder combo being "out of bounds"; but like you, I like how it looks.

Ernest

Who knows really...

From what I've seen it seems like the one with the red rudder didn't have the victory tally number and the laurel wreath, as well as the white wing tips.

Will have to do some more research definitely since I am not sure now, haha.

Best,

Nikola

Edited by Nikola Topalov

23 hours ago, ringleheim said:

The aircraft, the paint work, the base, and the figure are ALL really well done.

That's a very nice looking display you have there!

And the figure even looks like H.J. Marseille! 

Thank you for the kind words Ringleheim!  

Ernest

53 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Superb build, Ernest!

Kev

Thank you Kevin! 

My next build will be a WnW SE-5a.  I am still looking for a neat decal scheme/paint job (if there is even such a thing for an SE-5a).  I may end up just doing one of those in the box.

Ernest