Eduard Mustang Mk.IV

scvrobeson

Hello everyone,

In between LSP projects, I do dabble in the other scales. The most recent build has been of Eduard's 1/48 Mustang Mk.IV.  It really is a good kit, but there was a number of small issues with the build and the kit. Odd amount of flash and sink marks for a brand new kit, but it did go together beautifully. The landing gear definitely gave me trouble, I ended up having to replace them with the Brassin gear due to breaking one of the legs.  Also used the Eduard resin gunsights and paper tanks, along with the Barracuda wheels and cockpit stencils. Also added a few Xtradecals stencils to supplement the Eduard sheet. The landing gear bay was done with Miryoku masks, a wonderful help for that area.

Paint was a mix of Alclad, Gunze, and MRP

Please let me know what you think.

i-JzN6KHN-XL.jpg

i-SwZ6Qxf-XL.jpg

i-pDM7NKq-XL.jpg

i-C2kcf8M-XL.jpg

i-QSDStB9-XL.jpg

i-v5RnjwJ-XL.jpg

i-T9Nnm2S-XL.jpg

Matt 

Edited by scvrobeson

• 4 weeks later...

Wow!  Beautiful build.  Love the weathering and the different shades of the natural metal finish.  I was not familiar with Miryoku Masks and their wheel well masks.  Nice products.  Did you buy the wheel well masks directly from Miryoku Masks, or is there an American distributor of their products?  Andy

15 hours ago, acarothers896 said:

Wow!  Beautiful build.  Love the weathering and the different shades of the natural metal finish.  I was not familiar with Miryoku Masks and their wheel well masks.  Nice products.  Did you buy the wheel well masks directly from Miryoku Masks, or is there an American distributor of their products?  Andy

I ordered directly from them. Was super easy, and they shipped it quickly. I think they were only 8 or 9 dollars, so a good value as well.

Matt 

• 2 weeks later...