Tamiya F-16 Aggressor, Kicked Up a Notch, Mar 28/24: ResKit Engine Installation

chuck540z3

2 hours ago, Zola25 said:

Oh - This is going to be good. Welcome to the F-16 Club Chuck ^_^ Very much looking forward to following this build.

I was actually thinking about doing "Ghost" next but now I have to do something else :D - This also means that Pete will not have to worry anymore..I think :rolleyes:

/Niels

Niels, I had a master plan to purge myself from building more Vipers.

I got the Border Lanc’ to fill up the remaining display space I have. 

14 minutes ago, Stokey Pete said:

Niels, I had a master plan to purge myself from building more Vipers.

I got the Border Lanc’ to fill up the remaining display space I have. 

I don´t think I will ever stop building Viper´s - Its just the most beautiful aircraft for me..

I have been waiting to start my Lancaster until some paint masks arrived for all those clear parts. I have a set underway from KitsWorld Models now. Think it will be my winter project..

Good time to be into 1/32 modelling for sure..

/N

4 hours ago, Zola25 said:

Thanks Chuck

The first time I built that combo I attached the landing gear as one of the last things but I had honestly overlooked that it could no go in - I had to cut my way through and it was a big mess. When I made the "Venom Viper" I installed the gear before installing the wheelbay. It is not optimal to have them hanging there for the entire build but I wrapped them in plastic and they survived ok. It is a shame that Aires did not consider this issue. In the future I would do the same as the Venom build

/Niels

Thanks Neils, but my main question is how did you install the landing gear into the Aeries resin block?  Did you have to cut a few things like I did?

Cheers,

Chuck

46 minutes ago, chuck540z3 said:

Thanks Neils, but my main question is how did you install the landing gear into the Aeries resin block?  Did you have to cut a few things like I did?

Cheers,

Chuck

Oh Sorry Chuck - I misunderstood you then. - Yes, I also cut the side braces and forced the metal gear into position. I don´t think it will fit any other way. Another reason for me to fit it early as I do not want to use that kind of force on an almost finished model. 

I am sure you are being very precise, but anyone building this needs to make sure that the Aires Wheelbay is centered exactly. If not, you will find that just 1mm offset on the centerline will quickly translate to 4-5mm at the wingtips. This will result in a very noticable tilt when the finished model sits on its landing gear.

/Niels

Thank you Niels for that clarification.  I also make sure that the landing gear fits early in my models, because after painting, you're kind of stuck with what you created, good or bad.  I read in other F-16 build threads that the Aires gear bay is either really good or sometimes difficult to install, but the exact reasons are rarely mentioned.

Very good point about alignment.  You made me re-check mine and I'm happy to say that it looks good so far.  Whew!  ^_^

Cheers,

Chuck

I was reading through your F-15C build earlier this week as inspiration/reference for a 1/48 build of a Lakenheath jet, and I was wondering when you'd be back with another amazing project to wow us all, and....here you are! So I should go out and buy lottery tickets as well right? :D

The progress so far already looks good and can't wait to see more progress Chuck!

Cheers

Anirudh

Edited by Lemonstein

On 10/26/2022 at 10:39 PM, chuck540z3 said:

I finally retired this year which would normally mean more time for modeling, but it’s probably going to be the opposite scenario for at least a year or more.  

Welcome back Chuck :)

I think we all need to petition Mrs. Chuck as your retirement has a direct correlation to the happiness of thousands of people. She can learn to do the house up, while you focus on what's important right?

Nice subject and usual sublime presentation - I am sure will become THE reference for incorporating AM into this kit

Peter

On 10/27/2022 at 9:14 AM, chuck540z3 said:

I hope you are as patient as I will be slow!

Really?  Let's talk about slow!  Well you have performed a good bit of surgery here!  Looking forward to continued progress.  Pretty sure it will be a masterpiece!