Dewoitine D. 520 Azur 1:32

Borsos

Very VERY fine cockpit, Andreas. I like the painting very much especially the shading of the cushions. The colours are also so well harmonized.
I don’’t know if it’s ‘historically’ accurate but I’d say it’s very pleasing to the eye. :clap2:
Cheers,

Quang

10 hours ago, quang said:

Ask @waroff. He knows everything about the D.520 and then some :bow:.

If this can help, (sorry in french but lot of pictures)

dewoitine d520 - Rechercher (forumgratuit.org)

interior cockpit  => night blue, yess, perfect.

and all the D. 520 files can be consulted here:

Fonds Raymond Danel (56 J) AD31 - Archives départementales de la Haute-Garonne

if you click on the "+" indicated by the arrow, you 'll get a list under avion D 520

the same with a click near "avion D.520

xxnlve.jpg

Edited by rafju

Merci beaucoup, Messieurs!

These are fascinating documents, but like I said before, my Dewoitine isn’t that far from being finished. Luckily I didn’t find too many flaws yet; but I haven’t browsed browse through these 4000+ documents of the original plans. Zoukei Mura, have you had a look at that? There are no excuses not to produce a state-of-the-art kit of the Dewoitine d.520 :P). I must say that I am one of these repelling perverts who build models just for having a good time and relaxing and not to win contests. From time to time even weathering attracts me more than correcting some incorrect panel lines :rolleyes:.

But I also have this book to the rescue:

755fb1c1-9be1-42d6-ac9f8l.jpeg

and some nice pics from the internet, where I also got the blue color (night blue, I love this poetic name)

https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/threads/dewoitine-d-520-question.38837/

Well, when I closed the fuselage — after adding the excaust stacks from the inside — I decided to go with the kit part of the clear canopy’s rear part.

b052221b-9d22-a55a-8shjp8.jpeg

Best regards,

Andreas 

7 hours ago, quang said:

The foolhardy can follow this WIP on a French forum. Translation courtesy of Mr Google

Just remember: you have been warned! :punk:

I believe the builder of that model is also a member here, so perhaps he will post it here too some day.

Kev

This areas was the only place that demanded a little extra work when closing the fuselage. I puttied the seams that don’t correspond with actual ones with plastic from the kit diluted in Tamiya glue. That stuff eases rescribing a lot because it is as hard as the plastic parts (well, because it is actually that plastic..)

32a89aca-3658-ac58-a7hkdu.jpeg

8117ae76-3df1-a7ab-9huja3.jpeg

65722547-6171-4354-9z9j1v.jpeg

The resin air intake fit very nicely and just needed some strokes with sandpaper to flush into the fuselage‘s lines.

As I had gotten some resin parts, I removed the rudder with a razor saw… 
807d9557-fdb1-478e-altjks.jpeg

4d2df04c-5ffd-4a5d-8obkbn.jpeg685ceccd-65f2-4d4e-bhyjze.jpege8013bbe-73a4-4024-afnjcv.jpeg

During that surgery the little blops on the fin were sanded away. They are position lights and should be replaced later with clear plastic. I made a knot into my handkerchief.

Best regards,

Andreas

Thank you very much, folks!

the other resin parts for the tail fit much better. I just cut them flush and added some brass tubing for rigidity.

8d12e0ac-60b5-a9a6-9lsjnd.jpeg

6afcc091-8954-49f0-b9ekwk.jpeg

After thinning, rescribing and riveting I also added the prominent belly radiator…

7589a841-f7cc-494e-bn1eju.jpeg

a91c79f1-2927-447e-ajufgc.jpeg

and the two air intakes on the fuselage‘s nose.

15693118-a4b8-4e59-bz4eej.jpeg

64219002-3456-4870-8fzi93.jpeg

For detailing the Flaps and rudders I took the measurements directly from the scale plans

fbf0b45e-5137-4e44-9q8dwp.jpeg

a8cfae52-4495-4191-bsoc2z.jpeg

Looking horrible…

224e2dd6-376e-45bf-8oki2r.jpeg

A little better after some excessive sanding. Missing are the prominent hinge details, also to be added after painting (2nd knot in my handkerchief)

b55acfdc-6cb3-4850-b38evz.jpeg 21a62322-35ab-4070-8nvflt.jpeg

Here we are close to priming stage. Before I had to install the front window of the cockpit glazing. But That’s another story…

Best regards,

Andreas