1/32 Blackburn Firebrand TF. Mk.5 from Flying S Models

Archimedes

I'm not sure whether Chad intends to release this himself, via Icelandic Fine Arts, or not at all. Flying S Models has a small range of aftermarket sets available, but recently has been collaborating with Icelandic Fine Art on their upcoming Harrier releases, as well as developing some upgrade parts for the same company's Buccaneer kit (cf Karl's build of same in the WiP forum). He also has a long term 1/32 Gannet project that I believe is still being developed, and may also end up being released by Icelandic Fine Art. I'll see if I can find out more from Chad directly.

Kev

On 10/23/2022 at 11:02 PM, Gazzas said:

Hec k, that must be the best looking thing Blackburn ever created.

To be fair to Blackburn the Buccaneer was probably the best looking bird they designed but the Firebrand does have a certain presence to it. My first thought was "Will you look at the flaps on that mode!? - surely overdone?" but apparently not. 

Best regards,

Paul

On 10/23/2022 at 11:02 PM, Gazzas said:

Hec k, that must be the best looking thing Blackburn ever created.

I know this is subjective but to my eyes Blackburn seemed to like injecting a lot of their aircraft with the ugly gene. I figured it was a defensive, hoping opposing pilots would be put off aim by the ugliness !