Su-25 Ejection

Finn

Crazy video, almost looks like it's out of Call of Duty.    Kudo's to Ivan's quick reflexes.   If he had delayed ejecting even for a few seconds, he would have gone in with his jet.  As it was, he must have been pretty close to being out of the seat's envelope.   Say what you want about Russian tech but they do make first class ejection seats. 

Yep.  My first thought was good CGI.   No visual cues that anything is going on, none of what you’d expect to see during an ejection if he was wearing a GoPro, no attempt to escape and evade assuming he was shot down.  List goes on….   

Looks legit to me If you are able to slow it down and look at it frame by frame, you can see the SU-25 as he exits, and its damaged and on fire. You can see where the seat separates and lands on its own, and by then the plane has crashed. You can see his wingman flying on, from left to right on the left side of the screen.Can't see anything that's weird. He may well have been over friendly territory at this point, so why escape and evade? There is a translation of what he says, basically his wing man asks if he is Ok and he says yes, I can see you. They have voice altered him for security. Those saying its fake, I would like to hear why you think so, other than "its looks like COD". That's like saying the Moon Landings looked like "Capricorn One" or "Apollo 13". Well, yeah. Video game are good, but not this good. I'm sure "suchomimus" on YT will have a good breakdown of it shortly, and likely have it geo located. This is the new way of war guys, everyone is carrying a computer/camera/communications device and everything is being observed and recorded.

Edited by eoyguy

Footage is real and has been geolocated. It's from a Su-25 that crashed after clipping a powerline in Belgorod Oblast (Russia) during a training flight back in June. More info here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MCantow/status/1584271434750140416

And here: 

https://mobile.twitter.com/rubenhofs/status/1584291375297986562

Edited by pvanroy
Clarification

One or two things from the video. 

After the ejection the aircraft has yawed through almost 90 deg which would be consistent with the remark that part of the vertical stab was lost. 

Before the ejection the aircraft starts to yaw from side to side and then violently to the right, supporting the above theory. 

Looks legit from my side.

OK then!

If you guys say so- that’s pretty cool that this is real. 
To me, it just seemed too good. How does a GoPro (or similar) stay attached during at least 15 instantaneous G’s? To capture the jet impact AND the seat landing in the field on the video? Really?

Having personally seen two bros eject, (and seeing first hand how violent it is) this Seemed too good to be true. Amazing capture.

cheers

Pete

On a semi-related and much more somber note, the HUD footage of the 2021 T-38 crash in Montgomery, AL was released a month or so back.   The USAF instructor and his Japanese student were both killed when the jet hit the ground while landing.   I don't feel it's appropriate to post it but it's easily found on the interweb.   It just illustrates how quickly things can go from normal to horribly wrong in aviation.    

9 hours ago, eoyguy said:

This is the new way of war guys, everyone is carrying a computer/camera/communications device and everything is being observed and recorded.

Pilot's first thoughts after ejection - "I wonder how many "likes" I'll get on FB when I post this?".   

It's a brave new world out there. 

1 hour ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

OK then!

If you guys say so- that’s pretty cool that this is real. 
To me, it just seemed too good. How does a GoPro (or similar) stay attached during at least 15 instantaneous G’s? To capture the jet impact AND the seat landing in the field on the video? Really?

Having personally seen two bros eject, (and seeing first hand how violent it is) this Seemed too good to be true. Amazing capture.

cheers

Pete

He ejected at low speed from an already slow moving Su25 so I don’t see it as impossible for the GoPro to be attached. I for one think this video is a real one.

However it looks like he may have clipped a power line and not from a Ukrainian missile as someone on twitter claimed.

Edited by rahulred5