Two new books in the Duke Hawkins Series: Strike Eagle and Lancer !

Nic C.D.

Dear fellow LSP'rs, I'm proud to announce our next two books in the Duke Hawkins Series. Although we started just 5 years ago (and considering that we make these books after our daily work), these are already our 31st and 32nd book. What started as a little book on the Jaguar has gotten a little out of hand, but it sure is fun. We got to know many interesting people, visit bases in many countries and support several restoration projects. So to those of you that have already bought one of our books: thank you. I hope we can continue the series and inspire modellers and aviation enthusiasts.

For these two books we got very lucky in being allowed to visit USAF bases, both in the US and in Europe. Here's a little more info on the new books:

DH-026 - F-15E Strike Eagle

ee9e7ce0-7607-48b4-8cd1-5f6dc0722fa2.jpg

This is one of the most extensive books we've done so far. This is a 196 page book showing everything of the Strike Eagle: fuselage, landing gear, wings, arrestor hook, tails, ... It includes a 20 page chapter on the jet's cockpit, a chapter on the aircraft in maintenance and a large amount of spectacular photos of the aircraft in action. We were fortunate enough to be welcomed at RAF Lakenheath by the 492nd FS, the Madhatters, of which the flight crew actually wear bowler hats when they aren't in their jets! This book contains over 450 photos. Some interesting details came to light when making this book that are often missing in kits. And we were able to photograph some weapons loads that will surprise quite a few.

DH-027 - B-1B Lancer

da708e35-cfa1-4e3b-afd0-f508c28d0ce7.jpg

This too is a big book, with over 400 photographs in 180 pages. And during our visits to Dyess AFB and Ellsworth AFB, we got really close to the awesome jets. Again, every detail of the aircraft is included in this book, from the tip of the nose to the aft part of the fuselage. We take you into the cockpit, show you the three bomb bays, get you close to the huge main gear and take a trip into the maintenance hangar. We even show the loading mock-up at Ellsworth, where weapons loaders are trained. Nothing is overlooked, even the sniper pod, engines out of the jet and loading 'jammers' are shown in detail. The action photos are impressive too, including some photos of the jet flying low level in Wyoming. This book might inspire to bring those 1/48 scale B-1Bs out of your stock!

These two books will be available in the second half of November 22. The book on the MiG-29 has also been reprinted and we have included some photos of Ukrainian Fulcrums.

We hope to continue the series and will try to release at least one more book by the end of the year, making it a busy year with 9 new books published.

Nic

The thing with these books is that it is really fun to make them. We do these books after our daily work and we sometimes have to pinch ourselves at what we can do. Like standing on top of a Strike Eagle (and almost falling off when making photos), or talking to someone (sometimes very young) flying them. You can't but be amazed by them. 

Here are a few more samples of the upcoming books:

96c5a741-6773-4d60-a6f2-38a132c3857f.jpg

Hint: Look closely at the lay-out of the Strike Eagle on the left page...

70421c44-423e-4c3e-b2de-9fcc17b83a7f.jpg

Although the main gear doors are always closed on the ground, we had an opportunity to photograph it completely:

dde3d39c-38ea-4594-8cc5-17ba0cd71f79.jpg

The B-1B is a huge jet to photograph. In this book, we show it from all angles and in many different settings:

8dbdd4fc-b557-46f0-9852-e560e1edf262.jpg

5e86fe35-ea2d-4587-914d-3bf295bd65ee.jpg

Flying at low level in Wyoming:

7e0ebafe-d53d-4a06-87c3-c665bfcb8a9c.jpg

Close-up of the Sniper pod:

bb4f9ed6-6f99-41a8-9571-3e3001c68af5.jpg

The Strike Eagle book counts 450+ photos, the B-1B book 400+

On 10/21/2022 at 2:45 AM, Nic C.D. said:

This too is a big book, with over 400 photographs in 180 pages. And during our visits to Dyess AFB and Ellsworth AFB, we got really close to the awesome jets. Again, every detail of the aircraft is included in this book, from the tip of the nose to the aft part of the fuselage. We take you into the cockpit, show you the three bomb bays, get you close to the huge main gear and take a trip into the maintenance hangar. We even show the loading mock-up at Ellsworth, where weapons loaders are trained. Nothing is overlooked, even the sniper pod, engines out of the jet and loading 'jammers' are shown in detail. The action photos are impressive too, including some photos of the jet flying low level in Wyoming. This book might inspire to bring those 1/48 scale B-1Bs out of your stock!

These two books will be available in the second half of November 22. The book on the MiG-29 has also been reprinted and we have included some photos of Ukrainian Fulcrums.

We hope to continue the series and will try to release at least one more book by the end of the year, making it a busy year with 9 new books published.

Nic

This is really great news and I will certainly be getting both.

I just hope that you have increased the strength of the glue in the spine. Two of my "smaller" books have already come apart at the seams after only a couple of reads. These much larger books have me a little worried..

/Niels

Oooooh, this makes me so mad... We pay the printers to use a special resin to glue the pages permanently. This should not be happening. Niels, can you send me a PM with your address and the titles of the books? I will send you new ones for free. The 'new' books, ever since we had a reprint of DH-019 on the A400M, we test the pages and resin before we send them around, so this should not be happening. Again: I'll send you new ones right away.

Maru, these books will be out by November 15, but there are some shops where they can be pre-ordered already. I'm not quite sure when you refer to the 'other publication' on the Vampire. Either you are talking about another editor or you are extremely well informed ... I am puzzled by that line.

Nic  

17 hours ago, Nic C.D. said:

Oooooh, this makes me so mad... We pay the printers to use a special resin to glue the pages permanently. This should not be happening. Niels, can you send me a PM with your address and the titles of the books? I will send you new ones for free. The 'new' books, ever since we had a reprint of DH-019 on the A400M, we test the pages and resin before we send them around, so this should not be happening. Again: I'll send you new ones right away.

Maru, these books will be out by November 15, but there are some shops where they can be pre-ordered already. I'm not quite sure when you refer to the 'other publication' on the Vampire. Either you are talking about another editor or you are extremely well informed ... I am puzzled by that line.

Nic  

Hi Nic

That is very decent of you to offer me replacement books but it is honestly not needed. It is indeed a couple of the very first books so I am confident that you know what you are doing. I love your books and I cannot wait for these two new ones to arrive - Lets just hope that somebody will release a B-1B in 1/32 to go along with it ^_^

Thanks

Niels

Maru, I understand now, but you really hit very close to home... Because before the end of the year, we're releasing a book on the Vampire too, but showing every detail of the aircraft, ideal to super detail the many kits available now in the different scales. So Geedubelyer, there's a scoop! 

And Niels, if you change your mind, please don't hesitate to contact me. A 1/32 scale B-1B? I'd go for that! Although I have one in 1/48 and that one is already a meter long !

Nic  

Love the Harrier volume, and it looks like the B-1 volume will be just as good looking at those preview pics. Just sad that my A-4 book never arrived but managed to borrow a friend's one for the info I needed.