1/32 Dandiego A-5 Vigilante 3D print

Jim Barry

28 minutes ago, Jim Barry said:

Orange, yep! Brown boots, tan/khaki gloves. What's that on background jets? Intake covers? 

p11am3.jpg

Yep.  Red cloth bags that slipped over the inlet.  No idea how they were anchored to the airframe.  Looks like the top part of the bag lines up with the reinforced boarding ladder attach point on the side of the intake.  The guy’s gloves are leather and more creamy yellow than tan - I’ve got a pair somewhere.  I don’t remember ever seeing a HATWING 1 helmet with a unique paint job.  Each squadron had its own scheme and that’s what everybody wore.  This one is obviously Heavy 7.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man...   this is so cool.  It's like every young modeller's fantasy to be able to create any part he needs without fettling, sanding, and trying to build parts from anything he can find lying around in the garage or junk drawer.

My applause to you guys.

Alright, off to the printer. Some improvement over the kit,  hopefully. With Dan's Vigi kit, the details are not its strength (and that's fine with me!). I imagine a resin printer is in Dan's plans for the future, maybe?? 

Ip5AVT.png

Edited by Jim Barry

I got just enough of a push today to open a Shapeways shop for my LG. So.. here it is:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/GLNAFKX2X/a-5-vigilante-landing-gear-1-32?optionId=284178835&li=shops

You are basically buying me a beer for my service here. Everything else is cost.  

I guess I'll upload my other designs too. Anyone have a 1/24 Bearcat they need a detail kit for? (Crickets) :)

Edited by Jim Barry

The shop opens! I call it Valkyrie Design, part of my small umbrella of micro businesses. I also used "Valkyrie"  it in the past to sell my line of "Valkyrie" carbon fiber racing bikes, and today I call my cycling coaching business "Valkyrie Performance". 

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/valkyrie-design

9nAqRD.png

rHdS5a.jpg

Edited by Jim Barry