1/32 Dandiego A-5 Vigilante 3D print

Jim Barry

Shapeways charges $18 for the two nozzles in high detail plastic, but for any given order there is a "sales fee" or something like that. It's like $11 for no matter what you order. Oddly shipping is free so I guess this protects them from people ordering a small part for a $1. Best to bundle your printing needs, really. 

Went rummaging thru my spare parts horde yesterday while fondling the kit parts and scored an unused Aries J-79 set.  In case anyone is interested, the Aries parts click right in like they were made for Dan’s kit and make a world of difference (No offense, Dan).   There are some other aftermarket bits and bobs that I’m looking at as well to help things along.  Will post more on that as I get farther along.

2 hours ago, Oldbaldguy said:

Went rummaging thru my spare parts horde yesterday while fondling the kit parts and scored an unused Aries J-79 set.  In case anyone is interested, the Aries parts click right in like they were made for Dan’s kit and make a world of difference (No offense, Dan).   There are some other aftermarket bits and bobs that I’m looking at as well to help things along.  Will post more on that as I get farther along.

I expected that the modelers on this site would find ways to improve the kit. I look forward to everyone's ideas and solutions. 

Dan

OK, wrapped up the Pilot's IP, here. Even got the artificial horizon ball modeled for extra credit.  So far, this is $7.50 to print. On to the GIB's IP now though. There's really not a reason you can't make a near perfect cockpit in 3D. I have all the pics of the A-5A cockpit (Ginter Book) and an abundance of time, but but it's just competing with my other projects and I need to strike a balance of perfection and actually getting things done. 

HfUsSM.png

Edited by Jim Barry

Models for cockpit and exhaust Look great! I can say I am having pretty good luck with my Elegoo Saturn if you were looking for a 3D printer for your own (though lordy its messy and stinky) 

Just printed a 1/32 Pratt Whitney injection ring for R-2800 today and you can even read the PRATT & WHITNEY on it (note not my model just one I got off the interwebs)

yuJNEOT.jpg

11 hours ago, Jim Barry said:

Snagged some crew for a Revell 1/32 Phantom F-4J I'm pairing with the Vigi. I think they might make it into the Vigi too (I bought some for it, anyway). Will have to craft a more Vigilante specific headrest. Dan's has it correct.  

ajYv3e.jpg

I’m planning to put guys in my Viggie as well.  You are well ahead of me in the build process so it will be interesting to see how you go about it.  Navy flight suits for that period were orange, BTW.  Boots were brown.