Beaufighter?

Pete Fleischmann

31 minutes ago, Ali62 said:

Pete I know what you need and want……….;)

All I am saying right now a few things and options are being worked on, not looked at the canopies just yet, but trying to fit as many projects in as I am able.

I know Ali, and you are very kind to be so patient with me.

the problem is you are just too darn talented!

best

P

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2022 at 2:05 PM, Ali62 said:

I have replied to Pete off the forum, but just for the rest of you, I will try and look into this Beaufighter soon, no time scale known at present as I have so many unfinished sets I need to complete, but I think it is a good prospect, so will try to do as soon as I can.

Ali

I started on this about 8 or more years ago, but unfortunately, it came to nothing. I still have my original masters for the internal shell sidewalls and floor if you are interested in them?

Once I have completed my current pattern making work, I may consider completing the Beaufighter interior pattern to a very limited degree and pass it on for casting as it - there is far too much work involved in making a fully detailed interior set. After this, I will probably call it a day on pattern making so that I can try and get back to normal model making whilst I am still able too!

post-596-1163988991.jpg

post-596-1163989078.jpg

post-596-1163989210.jpg

Cheers

Derek

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE TIME ON THIS PROJECT.

CANOPIES

I have been working hard on getting some shapes done in CAD so that I can start slowly working these into masters to cast clear parts from. 
Believe you me it is still a huge amount of time and effort needed to take these two grey parts into finished product clear parts. So I am looking for input on the basic overall shapes, especially of the rear observers canopy. Drawings are almost non existent and many are not correct, so I have poured over pictures from books, the WINGLEADER books being some of the best, amongst others in my library. However as you all know pictures are old, grey and for some REASON, the photographers never bothered all this years ago in the war to get the exact angles that would answer millions of questions.

So I would like to see some comments, if the general consensus is positive I shall proceed, better still if someone does has very specific drawings, known accurate scale drawings or very good photographs to show changes please share, in the first instance send me a PM.

ENGINES

Kerry is still working on these, they will have a little more detail than the 1/48 scale ones, time scale is not known at this stage when they will be ready.

CANOPY DEVELOPMENT PICTURES 

8E21B2A3-0219-4AAD-8CDB-9A18C397C87D 37092FCD-4D76-4AB5-93B7-8C560635115D A5AEB271-EAE3-4CCE-B5AC-51958456A840 532B6C28-4A97-49F3-B10D-6F8BBF583D27 D1BCF318-1A9B-4A17-AC83-450C6045A610 92D001EA-7CF7-490E-B89A-B5CDE35FA97D