Beaufighter?

Pete Fleischmann

Hi Ali,

I’m wondering if you would consider mastering a new canopy and observer bubble for the Revell Beaufighter? The Model Monkey cockpit and interior parts have breathed new life into this kit, and clear parts would be a welcome compliment to those parts.

A new canopy with the later (and more common) Mk VI type framing with a separate top hatch…and a new, correctly sized observer blister would be well received I imagine.

cheers

Pete

I'd get a set, and can dip into my own copy to provide parts for the masters. 

It would be even better if the observer's bubble incorporated part of the upper fuselage, as it did on the real thing (emergency egress), so could provide the fuselage halves at the same time if Alistair needs these parts. 

Tony 

3 hours ago, Tony T said:

I'd get a set, and can dip into my own copy to provide parts for the masters. 

It would be even better if the observer's bubble incorporated part of the upper fuselage, as it did on the real thing (emergency egress), so could provide the fuselage halves at the same time if Alistair needs these parts. 

Tony 

yes! Totally agree Tony- anyone else interested? Perhaps we can sway Ali to take a closer look!

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Ali-

saw your comments about the Revell F-15 canopy. If your ROI is 20 sales to justify production, we are basically there with the just the folks expressing interest in the Beau in this thread! I do realize there is a little more work involved in creating a new canopy and observer blister for the Beau vs. just re-casting the F-15 parts.

best 
Pete 

1 hour ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hi Ali-

saw your comments about the Revell F-15 canopy. If your ROI is 20 sales to justify production, we are basically there with the just the folks expressing interest in the Beau in this thread! I do realize there is a little more work involved in creating a new canopy and observer blister for the Beau vs. just re-casting the F-15 parts.

best 
Pete 

Hi Pete

I get you, I have been doing some further thought on this and have a few ideas for the Beaufighter, along with the canopy areas, however I cannot just stop and start projects I am working on all the time, been there and done that, and then I never get anything finished, then with no new products no new sales, no money, no chance to develop more sets.

As mentioned in a few other threads the last few months have been tough for me in many ways, and sometimes you think a new product will be quick and easy, then it turns out to be the complete opposite.

So at this stage I will say there is a good chance for some new clear parts for the Beaufighter but I m not putting a time on it, far to many other things to get to market, sorry but hopefully you understand.

cheers Ali