ICM considering OV-10A in 1/32, vote on their FB page

Jan_G

2 hours ago, Phantom2 said:

Perhaps some smaller jets as F-86A/E/F Sabre, FIAT G.91 "Gina" , MiG-15/17/19 or continue with small small props as Chipmunk, Bristol Bulldog or Avro 504 will fit their style better.

All of the above would be most acceptable.  Regarding the Bulldog, either the Bristol biplane or the Scottish Aviation trainer would be equally welcome to me.

There are still many other known classic 'small' aircrafts to release in plastic: A/T-37, T-38 & F-5A/B, FAA Seahawk, Ouragan, Mystere, BP Defiant, Fury & Hart family (RAF), Fury family (USN), Skyknight, Airacomet, FIAT Cr. 32, Fokker XXI, Po I-15, Jumo Bf109, Griffon Seafires, Strikemaster, F-86A, L-29, L-39, Alphajet, MiG-15UTI, Corsair F4U5/N/AU-1, Pilatus PC-5, Sikorski S-55, etc.  

They can easily stay busy for the next twenty years while releasing new plastic LSP topics!

Yes very much to some small jets, but given ICM's distinctly understandable anti-Russian sentiments (even the red stars are missing or obscured on the Yak-9 boxings) I don't think we'll get a MiG anytime soon, though I'd love them to do an accurate Fishbed series — it'll sell like hot cakes and fits ICM's current Vietnam War groove.

Just imagine: an accurate 1/32 MiG-21PF and -21PFM, followed by an MF etc. The most mass produced supersonic jet fighter ever. I'd even settle for a -21F-13 and Chengdu J-7 series.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chengdu_J-7#/media/File%3AJ-7I_fighter_at_the_Beijing_Military_Museum_from_above.jpg

Tony 

Edited by Tony T
add link

4 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

However, you still have to pray a well-known Chinese company will not re-release the existing model in the same timeframe! Conclusion: would I like a better Bronco: yes! Would I recommend that release from a small business perspective: no! 

Do you really think ICM cares if Trumpeter (why you couldn't or wouldn't name them is beyond me) releases the Kittyhawk Bronco? Do you think they cared there were already P-51's, He-111's and Spitfires available before they released theirs? They may be a smaller company, but they can't grow if they just sit back and refrain from releasing certain kits because there are others out there. You said it yourself, it would be a better Bronco. They know that too.

As a very small business myself, I don't care what anyone else releases. If there is something I want to release, I'm going to do it. And I'm going to do it because I feel I can do it better and at a more affordable price. I went from a couple dozen or so products in my line in 2019 to just over 400 currently (after purchasing the Steel Beach line of products). Had I concerned myself with what others already had available, I'd still be sitting at a couple dozen products in my line.

1 hour ago, Dave Roof said:

Do you really think ICM cares if Trumpeter (why you couldn't or wouldn't name them is beyond me) releases the Kittyhawk Bronco? Do you think they cared there were already P-51's, He-111's and Spitfires available before they released theirs? They may be a smaller company, but they can't grow if they just sit back and refrain from releasing certain kits because there are others out there. You said it yourself, it would be a better Bronco. They know that too.

As a very small business myself, I don't care what anyone else releases. If there is something I want to release, I'm going to do it. And I'm going to do it because I feel I can do it better and at a more affordable price. I went from a couple dozen or so products in my line in 2019 to just over 400 currently (after purchasing the Steel Beach line of products). Had I concerned myself with what others already had available, I'd still be sitting at a couple dozen products in my line.

Well, we should not compare apples and oranges. Aftermarket is a fully different world. The most obvious difference is the fact the investment and risk per release is clearly not comparable. And even in that case I do not think you released many topics identical to existing ones from competitors. I simply did not name Trumpeter as If I read they got the molds I've never seen any formal confirmation they are the buyer even if this is very probable. Scale models manufacturers DO care about what competitors are doing. I believe each time I've discussed with one of them a competitor name arrived quickly on the table and this is the same for cottage industries owners. You possibly do not care and I'm happy this has no damageable impact on your business but I can testify others do. 

6 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Well, we should not compare apples and oranges. Aftermarket is a fully different world. The most obvious difference is the fact the investment and risk per release is clearly not comparable. And even in that case I do not think you released many topics identical to existing ones from competitors. I simply did not name Trumpeter as If I read they got the molds I've never seen any formal confirmation they are the buyer even if this is very probable. Scale models manufacturers DO care about what competitors are doing. I believe each time I've discussed with one of them a competitor name arrived quickly on the table and this is the same for cottage industries owners. You possibly do not care and I'm happy this has no damageable impact on your business but I can testify others do. 

Oh brother we have another "jennings Heilig" amongst us........you're right Thierry..........

Is the Tahre/Skycrane on track?  Would be interesting to get a peek at what ICM are up to, as they've become a big player. 

Ditto Trumpeter, if they did indeed buy up a lot of Kittyhawk tooling (and there's plenty of their own kits I'd like to see enlarged from 1/48 to 1/32, with or without a facebook poll).

Still hankering after a quality 1/32 MiG-21 as Eduard have made it clear that they have no intention of scaling-up their masterpieces.

Tony

Having built 3 of the KHM OV-10s, and having 2 more in the stash atm, would in NO WAY keep me from buying an ICM OV-10. 

I also think an A/T-37 would be a perfect fit for ICM, considering the size of the aircraft itself, possible load-outs and configurations (read multiple boxings here) as well as the nearly innumerable amount of countries that used it. 

On 10/22/2022 at 7:39 PM, Dave Roof said:

Why do modelers always make this argument? Honestly, it is hands down the dumbest one that is made whenever a kit manufacturer announces or hints at a new kit release, especially when a kit of that subjects exists. For the love of all that is holy, please stop with this ridiculous train of thought. 

Perhaps some modelers like myself would rather see them release would rather see them release something that hasn't been done already. There's lots of subjects out there that have yet to be done. ICM is looking for feedback. I gave it. Regardless of whether you think that feedback is dumb. If ICM wants to roll the dice on another big Bronco, more power to them. I'm sure they'll make a lot of folks happy. We all know how KH kits are. But personally, I can think of many other subjects that I'd rather see done. Fred K.

Edited by f5guy

On 10/23/2022 at 2:39 AM, Dave Roof said:
On 10/18/2022 at 1:30 PM, npb748r said:

Why release another one, surely there's more sales room for something new ??

On 10/19/2022 at 9:32 AM, The Phantom said:

With a 1/48 Beaufort why not 1/32, OV10 already been done

On 10/22/2022 at 9:03 PM, f5guy said:

Seems kind of pointless to do another Bronco in 32nd scale, since KH already did the A and D versions. 

Why do modelers always make this argument? Honestly, it is hands down the dumbest one that is made whenever a kit manufacturer announces or hints at a new kit release, especially when a kit of that subjects exists. For the love of all that is holy, please stop with this ridiculous train of thought. 

hey fellow modeller,  we just have different opinions from each other - your opinion isn't dumb, just different to mine and I respect that.  But comment wasn't dumb either, just different to how you think.  Holy intervention or not, I'm not changing how I feel.

While the KH OV-10's are pretty nice kits, fact is, they don't make any money for ICM. So, ICM releasing them will pad their coffers further. This is a business for them, after all. It's a hobby on our end. And as long as their business remains robust, we can hopefully enjoy some of our "wants list" seeing the light of day eventually. Prior to ICM's outburst the last few years, who thought we would see an injection molded PT-17, Cr.42, Gladiator, I-153, and Yak-9 series? And that doesn't even include their flood of 1/48 releases. We're a blessed bunch, indeed. It's almost to the point of if you aren't particularly enthused about their recent release, you only have to wait a bit longer for something completely different that just might be up your alley. I don't have ICM's ear by any means, and I kinda like just sitting back and seeing what they are going to bring to the table. Generally speaking, it's quite rapid compared to other companies.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

• 2 months later...