Trumpeter Tomcat canopy hood

Tony T

If you have the time slot Ali, please assess whether it's viable to produce replacement canopy hoods for the Trumpeter Tomcats.

The kit part has strips moulded on the outside which in fact should be inside. I can't see myself correcting this without potentially cracking the hood. And I'm confident others will want this too, but there's been no poll. 

Have the canopy parts so if you go ahead at some stage and need mine they can be used as masters provided I can get the resin replacements within a month or so, and will pay for them of course. (Otherwise I've got a £300 kit/AM bundle with no canopy parts!). The kit's in a plastic crate in my study as I'm intending to spend next year making it. 

Tony 

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up I have the Trumpeter canopy and the Tamiya F-14 canopies in the works for casting in clear. Thank you to Tony for the Trumpeter one, we have decided that the detonator cords can be added by the modeller to the inside of the new cast canopies, by using a decal. This will make lid]fe a lot easier for me and would probably be the best result / option.

I have cleared the decks from some other contract work I was doing so hope to progress these fairly soon.

Ali

• 2 weeks later...

Oh doing both, the Trumpeter and also Tamiya canopies would be awesome! Tamiya's canopy is way better / more accurate than trumpeter's but the plastic is rather thick.

I would like to try and fit one of the canopies to the Revell kit. Would be awesome if I had some nice replacements. Please keep us updated on the progress. I would gladly be among the first ones to order.

Oh and just for interest's sake (and because I'm a sucker for the Tomcat and enjoy beeing a smart @$$): Those are not detonator strips but antistatic dischargers. Upon ejection the whole canopy would go (Top Gun / Goose's deth anyone? hehehe).

• 3 weeks later...

After having lots of issues and difficulties with materials, there has been a delay to these, however I think I have got these now under control and I am now starting to get some good casts, so far for the Trumpeter, Tamiya needs a bit more work. 
I am going cautiously as I need to ensure that I am getting good consistent quality, before I release them, but at the current status I am hoping things will happen for a release in the next week. I need it as I have spent an absolute fortune of time and money on materials lately to get the clear products to work well.

Watch this space 

Ali