2023 Group Build Poll

BradG

2023 Group Build Poll  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote for your favourite 3 (maximum) Group Builds for next year.

• Aces High
    • In Enemy Hands
    • Turning Japanese
    • Commonwealth Air Forces
    • On The Nose
    • Commemorative Colours
    • South of the Border
    • Air Forces of Asia
    • The Luftwaffe

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2022 at 01:00 PM

I just don't have the time to participate in Group Builds these days - and already have waaaaay too many projects on the go as it is...

Length and complexity of builds in the larger scales don't always lend themselves to Group Builds - but, large dose of mea culpa aside, it's good when they are supported.

Iain

I’ve participated in just one GB…and I was only 3 1/2 years late finishing.  ;)

That being said, it did get me to start an extensive LSP project and I received so much valuable help and advice along the way from many members here. There was also a fair bit of teasing and fun during the GB which made it a great experience, and that’s what it should be about. It encouraged me to try many new (sometimes scary) skills and I ended up with a finished model that I’m frankly very proud of. It doesn’t compare to the work of some of the masters here but it’s better than anything I’ve done before. And that’s a good outcome I think. Just my thoughts anyway. 

It’s true that the scales we work in require maybe more effort and detailing, but try one! Even if you don’t finish in time, you’ve got something started (hopefully not to add to the other shelf queens you might have). 

This list of candidates for builds is quite good I think, and general enough to give a lot of scope for subjects. Kind of surprised though at the Japanese Aircraft build being in the lead over some of the others. No judgement intended, just curious that there is that much interest. Very cool anyway! 

Richard 

Edited by R Palimaka

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for voting. The winners are;

Aces High - any pilots with 5+ victories from any conflict.

Turning Japanese - Japanese aircraft from any time period.

On The Nose (Art) - nose art on any aircraft, shark mouths included

I will get dates out soon.

Thanks @BradG for being the driver for this!

I feel that as I voted for the three that came out on top that I really do need to take part in at least one. I do need to address my abysmal finishing record so will think long and hard about what is the most practical (for which read most straightforward to build and paint in the time we have) from the subjects on offer. 

Kind regards,

Paul

On 11/21/2022 at 1:49 PM, mozart said:

Sadly none of these subjects appeal to me, but ironically I’m co-hosting a GB on Britmodeller, build subject is “Go large or go home”……yes, 1/32 and 1/35 or larger subjects, including aircraft, armour, cars, bikes etc etc. 

I'm in that GB. Still haven't decided what I'll build. I was thinking of my 1/20 Strike Valkyrie but not sure as I want to light that kit. 

Carl

On 11/21/2022 at 3:04 AM, BradG said:

Thanks all for voting. The winners are;

Aces High - any pilots with 5+ victories from any conflict.

Turning Japanese - Japanese aircraft from any time period.

On The Nose (Art) - nose art on any aircraft, shark mouths included

Nice!  I have kits in the stash that will fit all of these (not that I’m promising to do all three…).  Curiously I just ordered a kit that would do for two of them together (Aces High and On The Nose) if it wasn’t in 1:48.  But that’s for a different project.  But at a minimum I can dig out the stuff for the 1:32 Gabby Gabreski Thunderbolt that I was going to do for the Mighty 8th GB until my house remodeling project canceled aircraft modeling for a year…

Regardless, thanks Brad for organizing these and to everyone who voted and will participate…