LY5Ukup.jpg

then black and white

5jz42ox.jpg

then get busy. All Vallejo paints. Not done yet, but getting there-

O0qePWf.jpg

If she looks good enough when done, there’s a bellied-in YAK in her future-

cheers

Pete

Judging from the photo, I think it's safe to say there's a Yak heading for your bench!

Really nice job Pete.  I'm wincing (pun intended) a little at the eyes though.  I'll give you my impression then do with it as you see fit ;)In 1/32, the whites of the eyes are really not that noticeable.   In my opinion, the white overpowers the rest of the face.   Eyes are so tough to get right.  I'm a "self-taught" figure painter that went to the Shepard Paine school of figure painting (via his books) so I may be a little biased (and I use oil/enamel paints on my figures).  I do think the remainder of the figure is really good with appropriate highlights and shadows where they should be.:DodgeBall:

Edited by Juggernut

43 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

Really nice job Pete.  I'm wincing (pun intended) a little at the eyes though.  I'll give you my impression then do with it as you see fit ;)In 1/32, the whites of the eyes are really not that noticeable.   In my opinion, the white overpowers the rest of the face.   Eyes are so tough to get right.  I'm a "self-taught" figure painter that went to the Shepard Paine school of figure painting (via his books) so I may be a little biased (and I use oil/enamel paints on my figures).  I do think the remainder of the figure is really good with appropriate highlights and shadows where they should be.:DodgeBall:

I hear ya-

but whoever painted the figure for the packaging did the eyes- whites and all-

UCT1O2N.jpg

I grew up with Shep Paine too.. and I love and respect him..but there are such better figure painters out there than he was.. so I too am constantly trying to improve my technique, and I welcome any feedback-

cheers

Pete