Mirage 2000-5F & Mirage 2000D - 1/32 Kittyhawk

ROM

Exquisite builds Rom. :bow:

Two of the most nicely rendered models that I can remember for some time.

Your finesse and subtlety is impressive. It's very easy to overdo elements simply for effect yet you have employed restraint and your models are the better for it.

The attention to detail is fabulous and gives the pair a "heft" that is extremely difficult to achieve in scale. Bravo:clap2:

Neatly painted crew figures and professional photography too:goodjob:

Pose these two against a suitable backdrop in natural sunshine and they would look real. 

Thanks for taking the time to share these and thanks also for the link. Your article will make an interesting read.

Cheers.

Edited by geedubelyer

1 hour ago, geedubelyer said:

Exquisite builds Rom. :bow:

Two of the most nicely rendered models that I can remember for some time.

Your finesse and subtlety is impressive. It's very easy to overdo elements simply for effect yet you have employed restraint and your models are the better for it.

The attention to detail is fabulous and gives the pair a "heft" that is extremely difficult to achieve in scale. Bravo:clap2:

Neatly painted crew figures and professional photography too:goodjob:

Pose these two against a suitable backdrop in natural sunshine and they would look real. 

Thanks for taking the time to share these and thanks also for the link. Your article will make an interesting read.

Cheers.

Thank you very much :bow:

Very appreciated!

It was a very demanding build, as I wanted to be as accurate as possible. And less we can say is KH do not help a lot :blink:

As for the figures, It was not easy for me to paint them, but those Reedoak gems deserve we take some time for them, isn't it? ;)

Bye!

11 minutes ago, jenshb said:

Truly excellent!  May I ask what you thought of the FFSMC-decals?

Thank you mate

As for FFSMC, well, the design and ideas behind the sheets are excellent. During these builds I worked closely with Joffrey who designed Mirage decals. And I can say they are the most accurate you will find.

But on the other side, Chris, the FFSMC owner, runs a very small business and the printer he operates gives a result not as good as other manufacturers.

That said, I used FFSMC decals for all the pylon stenciling, Damocles Pod stencils (they made on my demand, just for me), Tail insignas, some aircraft stencils, crew names and bomb marks.

FFSMC offers the possibility to make the actual aircraft markings you ask him, on demand. And that is a very smart concept, I find.

It is worth trying...

Codes, roundels and walkways are painted with masks.

Bye! :)