New Line of 1/35 UAV Pilots

John1

With some really nice UAV's being released, it's time for John1 Productions to release their latest masterpiece.  A full line of 35th scale UAV pilots!     Here's the first one.  Look at the amazing detail:

See the source image

$59.00 plus $40 shipping.    Call now, our operators are waiting to take your calls!

9 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

lol - I know I'm being the straight man to the joke here, and correct me if I'm wrong but aren't most drones these days actually piloted by real humans, just miles and miles away in a VR station?

You are correct.   UAV's could be controlled by a grunt on the front lines, by a guy sitting in a trailer in the CONUS, controlling via satellite link or by someone in the front seat of the latest version of the AH-64E.   

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 1:28 AM, Out2gtcha said:

lol - I know I'm being the straight man to the joke here, and correct me if I'm wrong but aren't most drones these days actually piloted by real humans, just miles and miles away in a VR station?

I actually expected figures with a trailer, or at least a station. I'm disappointed now!

Edited by KiwiZac

I just flew with a guy who is a Reaper pilot with the ANG. Former F-16 driver. Although he misses flying the greatest fighter ever built, he did say the transition was pretty cool. His first time in the seat after getting checked out, he took over a Reaper already airborne over Indian country. Instantly in contact with a JTAC  who said “welcome to the team sir, ready for a nine line”? He was going kinetic in like 8 minutes. Crazy.

Two weeks ago I was holding short in SYR waiting to depart. We were holding for a Reaper on final. Had never seen one flying before, much less landing right in front of me. Weird.

cheers

P

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

Syracuse, NY - Hancock International Airport?  My old stomping ground (I grew up in Rome, NY).  I used to pull line maintenance duty at SYR when the airline I worked for had a station there.  Lot's of kickin the tires (aka maintenance preflights), MEL's, and whatnot to get the guys off the ground.

Just remembered the "Boy's from Syracuse" NYANG used to fly their F-16's out of that field...a long time ago.  I guess they're now a UAV wing, eh?

Edited by Juggernut

53 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

Syracuse, NY - Hancock International Airport?  My old stomping ground (I grew up in Rome, NY).  I used to pull line maintenance duty at SYR when the airline I worked for had a station there.  Lot's of kickin the tires (aka maintenance preflights), MEL's, and whatnot to get the guys off the ground.

Just remembered the "Boy's from Syracuse" NYANG used to fly their F-16's out of that field...a long time ago.  I guess they're now a UAV wing, eh?

thats it! Unfortunately the Syracuse Vipers are long gone. UAV’s now.
I grew up one town over in Rochester (Pittsford actually) NY. Have family still there, so I get back when I can-

P

Actually Syracuse was the first ANG unit to get the mission @ 2009-2010 and, the first unit to actually have their UAV's stationed at their home base, marked up with the "NY" tailcode. Most units do not have their own airframes since they can be flown from anywhere.

I wonder if the UAV's go into Ft. Drum for live weapons these days ?? Those were great TDY's at Ft. Drum.

Steve

Edited by A-10LOADER

16 hours ago, A-10LOADER said:

I wonder if the UAV's go into Ft. Drum for live weapons these days ?? Those were great TDY's at Ft. Drum.

Steve

LOL, having spent enough time in the field at Drum, I'd humbly suggest that there is nothing "great" about the place (or Watertown for that matter).